SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P320 trigger slap?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 trigger slap? Login/Join 
posted
Just picked up a P320C and it seems to have some trigger slap similar to some AK's. I have a P365XL and P226 and their triggers don't seem to do it. Am I the only one that thinks this?

Steve........

NRA Patron Life member
North American Hunting Club Life Member

Posts: 22 | Location: SEMO | Registered: March 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If by “slap” you mean that the trigger moves forward with enough force to sting one’s finger, I experienced that with the first P320 I purchased pre-“upgrade.” In fact it was bad enough to develop a bloody blister after a long session. I don’t know, though, if it has continued after the upgrade or if it would occur with my other P320s. I have straight triggers in all of them which may have mitigated the problem, plus I usually wear light gloves when shooting for a couple of reasons.

I don’t know if any of that helps, but ….

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47343 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I haven't experienced that with any of the three P320s I've owned, including early pre-upgrade models as well as newer upgraded models.

Posts: 32380 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to see that I'm not the only one.

Steve.........

NRA Patron Life member

Posts: 22 | Location: SEMO | Registered: March 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine's got it. It's not horrible but it's definitely there.

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard people refer to this, but out of a dozen or so P320's, I've not experienced it in a single one, pre-"upgrade," post-"upgrade," curved trigger, straight trigger, or any of the variations (Grayguns, apex, factory, etc). I haven't seen it on full size, compact, carry, subcompact, x-compact, or any of the various versions.

I'm not questioning that it's happening, but it shouldn't be, with a properly assembled, full-functioning pistol.

I'd pull the FCU and check to ensure that the trigger return spring is properly installed. I'd also do the safety checks and make sure nothing is out of order.

Short of that, perhaps a loose grip when firing might allow it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I’m a little perplexed by this as well. I’ve not experienced this on any of my 320s and I guess I’m just not sure how exactly I would. Once my finger gets on the trigger to fire it never comes off between shots. My finger moves forward enough to reset and immediately preps the trigger for the next shot as soon as the sights line up back on target. I’ve tried to create a scenario where I might see if I can feel the sensation of trigger slap but I can not. I too am wondering if the trigger spring may be bent or not correctly installed on your FCU.

Posts: 2923 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spring is not bent and is installed correctly. It happens, maybe not to a lot of people but it is something that is evident in some P320's.

Steve.......

NRA Patron Life member

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
If by “slap” you mean that the trigger moves forward with enough force to sting one’s finger, I experienced that with the first P320 I purchased pre-“upgrade.” In fact it was bad enough to develop a bloody blister after a long session. I don’t know, though, if it has continued after the upgrade or if it would occur with my other P320s. I have straight triggers in all of them which may have mitigated the problem, plus I usually wear light gloves when shooting for a couple of reasons.

I don’t know if any of that helps, but ….

I experienced trigger "slap" with a early production P-320. The only pistol out of the many I owned at the time to do that. When I called Sig Customer service, the Rep. was very condescending and acted like he never heard of it happening. One of the few times in my life I blew up at someone on a phone call. He immediately let me know they would send me a return label and we wrapped up the call. Still get a little pissed when I think about it.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I've heard people refer to this, but out of a dozen or so P320's, I've not experienced it in a single one, pre-"upgrade," post-"upgrade," curved trigger, straight trigger, or any of the variations (Grayguns, apex, factory, etc). I haven't seen it on full size, compact, carry, subcompact, x-compact, or any of the various versions.

I'm not questioning that it's happening, but it shouldn't be, with a properly assembled, full-functioning pistol.

Bruce Gray even acknowledged it in one of his posts here several years back. I believe he mentioned Sig addressing the issue with current production guns.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post