SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    228 maintenece parts kits-where t0 find
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

228 maintenece parts kits-where t0 find Login/Join 
posted
Looking for the p-228 maintenence spring/pin parts kit, but seems like Sig stopped making them and everyone who used to stock it is sold out. It's the kit with most of the springs and breech block roll pins in it. Usually costs around $20. Anyone know source? Thanks

sig nut', haulin' 3 sig 228's

Posts: 264 | Location: over lookin' beach and border | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
I bought the 9mm P229 kit from TGS. It has everything you need except the roll pins. (Note the newer style looped trigger bar spring is not compatible with earlier P228 grips.) I'm currently running the white P229/M11-A1 recoil spring in my P228.

Posts: 3487 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I just picked up quite a few springs and breech block pins for my 229 on ebay. Free shipping.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
I bought the 9mm P229 kit from TGS. It has everything you need except the roll pins. (Note the newer style looped trigger bar spring is not compatible with earlier P228 grips.) I'm currently running the white P229/M11-A1 recoil spring in my P228.

After reading 12131's post re: the original P228 recoil spring vs. the newer white P229 spring, I ordered as 3-pack of original P228 recoil springs from Midwest Gun Works.

Posts: 3487 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone is sold out of most used parts so finding the right ones is very hard. The White springs is what Sig recommended. I bought some breechblock pins on ebay and three 229 parts kits, which a rep for sig also said to do.

Posts: 264 | Location: over lookin' beach and border | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
anyone have a link to the ebay breechblock pins? not sure exactly what to look for.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
top gun has a new batch in

https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...8-9mm-parts-kit.html

FYI if anyone needs them, but it's $40 kinda steep.

posted Hide Post
Almost double what it should be, for roll pins instead of solid? Ouch.

If it included an extractor it’d make sense.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1858 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK so it never cost $20 except at the very beginning of production more than 25 years ago(I remember my first purchase of this being $18) And even the most simplistic view of inflation would have the original price be over $40 in current dollars. What are you smoking. Sure I've seen them for between $22 and $24 on a regular basis but if its not in stock the price doesn't matter. And its for a now obsolete gun. And the gun needs roll pins not solid pins.
So let's be happy there is a source every once in awhile (since sold out). Let's not post it in multiple places on Sigforum as one is enough and buddychryst what are you talking about in terms of solid pins???

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little tip if I might: The Sig factory 226/9mm parts kits still ship with the solid pin, the spiral pin and BOTH split pins for the folded slide models. Throw in a 229/9mm recoil spring and you have a working 228 kit.

How much longer Sig will be doing this I do not know, so check with your parts dealer to see if the kits they have contain the four pins. The TGS kits do.

Posts: 115 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post