SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P6 Sights questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P6 Sights questions Login/Join 
posted
I am looking to swap out the sights on my P6 when I send it for refinishing. It has a #8 front and #7 rear. Someone told me that they German's go for a different sight picture for POA/POI. Is that true and if so, what sights would be appropriate for 3-dot sights?

Posts: 88 | Registered: January 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
When you say "3-dot sights", are you referring to night sights? You may have a problem finding anything other than 8F/8R or 6F/8R sets in night sights. 8/8 is normally prescribed for 9mm and .357Sig, and 6/8 for .40 and .45.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not wanting night sights for this one. Just 3-dot white dots.

posted Hide Post
Are you sending it to Sig for the refinishing? Do you intend to use the Sig OEM 3-dot whites?

If you are sending it to Sig, their only two sight options are Siglites or their Tru-Glo option. You can't send them non-Sig sights, since their policy prohibits installation of non-Sig sights provided by the user. I don't believe they will reinstall non-Sig sights either if slide work is done. Like it or not, that's their policy.

If you want Sig to install Sig 3-dot whites, I'd call Sig CS first for details. They can also tell you what sight numbers will be used. Presuming they are available for the P6.

Again, if it's going to Sig, don't buy non-Sig 3-dot whites, since they won't install them.

I have sent five Sigs to them for slide bead-blasting. I let them remove the old Sig OEM sights, bead blast and then I installed the new Heinie sights myself when the slides were returned. They did an excellent job and each order took less than two weeks round trip.

https://www.sigsauer.com/custom-shop/

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will be going to CCS for refinishing.

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1Silverfox:
It will be going to CCS for refinishing.

I assume you mean CCR.

Have you actually fired your P6? Were you satisfied with the point of impact? If yes, you had better stay with the same sights. You will not find that combination for sale anywhere. Sight sets sold now are either 8/8 or 6/8 depending on caliber, as JAFO stated.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do mean CCR. Yes, I fired it and found the POI to be low using the sight picture that I am trained to see. I was told that the German police were trained for a different sight picture and that's why it would hit low.

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, I fired it and found the POI to be low using the sight picture that I am trained to see.

Then a commercially availble 8/8 sight set may work for you. It will raise your POI by approximately two inches at 25 yards.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That should work. Who makes and sells them?

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Here is one that will work with your factory front sight:

http://www.novaksights.com/Det...ROD=1100546&CAT=9537