SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P220 FRONT SIGHT HELP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 FRONT SIGHT HELP Login/Join 
posted
I put on tritium rear sight and going to keep front sight as is , however It shoots low by 2.0" @10 yards.
My front sight has #6 on it. What front sight do I need to buy to correct this as much as possible ?

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 11, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
With a standard factory #6 front sight at the front, there is no factory replacement of the same type that will raise the POI 2 inches at 10 yards. These days the readily-available factory sights seem to be #6 and 8, and changing to an 8 would raise the POI only about 2 inches at 25 yards. That’s equivalent to 0.8 inch at 10 yards. The highest front sight number SIG used to list in their armorer manuals was #9, which would raise your POI about 1.2 inch at 10 yards. I have never seen a #9, though, and have no idea where one could be acquired.

I have found that when changing to a different type of sight that it may be necessary to change both from the same manufacturer at the same time to avoid major point of impact problems.

And FWIW, using all caps in posts, including thread titles, is discouraged here. Welcome to the forum. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47360 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
caps in posts, including thread titles,

caps in posts, including thread titles, .....

my bad on caps ......appreciate your help

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 11, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately the problem is that your rear sight is too tall.

You could try to find someone who makes a suppressor height front sight for your 220, but it's going to be pretty expensive and likely hideous

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14174 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:

Umm ..., actually the rear sight is too short. Smile

Remember that we move the rear sight in the direction we want the point of impact to move. If he is hitting low, the rear sight needs to be higher, and/or the front sight needs to be shorter.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47360 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:

Umm ..., actually the rear sight is too short. Smile

Remember that we move the rear sight in the direction we want the point of impact to move. If he is hitting low, the rear sight needs to be higher, and/or the front sight needs to be shorter.

Oops

For some reason I misread his original post as hitting 2" too high

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14174 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Was it shooting fine before the sight change?
Is the rear sight the same size?
Mine were unmarked and after installing a 6/8 set it was off, measured them and found it had 8/8

If using a 6 o'clock instead of a combat, cover the target hold will result in low shots.

Posts: 1469 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post