SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Man makes $21,000 selling 3D-printed guns during NY AG gun buyback program
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man makes $21,000 selling 3D-printed guns during NY AG gun buyback program Login/Join 
Picture of shikemd
posted
Nothing new here, but I love seeing this stuff. Apologies to the taxpayers of New York. I wonder what each print cost him.

Link here

A New York man claims to have made $21,000 during a gun buyback program by 3D printing over 100 lower receivers and turning them over to police.

"I 3D-printed a bunch of lower receivers and frames for different kinds of firearms," the man, who would only identify himself as "Kem," told WKTV last week.

Kem says he printed the gun parts on a $200 3D printer he received as a gift for Christmas and then made the 6-hour drive to Utica, New York, where the Utica Police Department was hosting a gun buyback program for the New York State Attorney General's Office.

"And he sees the tote and says, 'how many firearms do you have?' And I said, '110,'" Kem reacalls.

From there, Kem said he spent the rest of the day negotiating with the Attorney General's staff over how much the payment for the 3D-printed parts would be.

"And it ended with the guy and a lady from the budget office finally coming around with the 42 gift cards and counting them in front of me," Kem said. "$21,000 in $500 gift cards."

Kem laughed off claims by the Attorney General's Office that the Utica gun buyback program was a large success, arguing such programs do nothing to reduce crime.

"I'm sure handing over $21,000 in gift cards to some punk kid after getting a bunch of plastic junk was a rousing success," Kem said. "Gun buybacks are a fantastic way of showing, number one, that your policies don't work, and, number 2, you're creating perverse demand. You're causing people to show up to these events, and, they don't actually reduce crime whatsoever."

The New York Attorney General's Office did not immediately respond to a Fox News request for comment, but told WKTV last week that it is "shameful that this individual exploited a program that has successfully taken thousands of guns off the streets to protect our communities from gun violence."

"We have partnered with local police throughout the state to recover more than 3,500 guns, and one individual’s greedy behavior won’t tarnish our work to promote public safety," the statement continued. "We have adjusted our policies to ensure that no one can exploit this program again for personal gain."

Posts: 914 | Location: The only state with a state bird named after another state. | Registered: December 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Kudo’s to anyone who werks their “system” against them.

Hope he stays anon as I am sure they will come up with some way to go after him once they digest all the fine print. Wouldn’t be surprised if they concoct some sort of theft, fraud, or unlicensed “manufacturer” crap to get back at him for making them look the fool.

Even if they make charges they know won’t stick it could cost him a lot more than $20K to defend against a witch hunt.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shikemd:
The New York Attorney General's Office did not immediately respond to a Fox News request for comment, but told WKTV last week that it is "shameful that this individual exploited a program that has successfully taken thousands of guns off the streets to protect our communities from gun violence."

"We have partnered with local police throughout the state to recover more than 3,500 guns, and one individual’s greedy behavior won’t tarnish our work to promote public safety," the statement continued. "We have adjusted our policies to ensure that no one can exploit this program again for personal gain."

Commies sure are good at doubling down aren't they? Roll Eyes

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
I saw this! Pretty crazy it worked honestly!

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Maybe the 3D printing guy could make some more money printing 'drum' magazines to 'turn in' for $80 as part of the Delaware nonsense?

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to revive a dead post, but I couldn't stop laughing since I read the original post last year. Seriously, this is genius. I did a google search and found another guy that sold "1776 Boom Sticks" and the buyback ran out of money buying them.

https://nationalfile.com/flori...-cash-in-30-minutes/

"A so-called “gun buyback” event in Pensacola, Florida did not go according to plan over the weekend, as a local gun club showed up to counteroffer the city by paying actual market value for citizens’ firearms. The only weapons the buyback was able to acquire included BB guns and homemade “Boom Stick 1776” pipe guns, which forced the event to run out of cash in under 30 minutes.
Members of the local Second Admendment advocacy group Escambia Carry showed up to the event with a sign that read “Don’t Get Ripped Off By The City With This Stupid Gun “Buyback’ Program – See Me To Get Fair Market Value For Your Firearm."
“Other than these rifles, the vast majority were junk,” Escambia Carry’s Jeremy Bosso said in a Facebook post. “Numerous people told us they sold their old junk guns to buy new firearms. Someone sold a Marine Emergency Flare gun. Other attendees had air pistols (BB/pellet guns). The City ran out of money by 9:27am – less than 30 minutes into the event.”
One man showed with three homemade “Boom Stick 1776” pipe shotguns, which were sold sold to police after he demonstrated that they were operable.
A member of the anti-gun rights Bloomberg-funded group Moms Demand Action showed up to the event with a BB pistol, but was unable to sell the toy. Police did, however, purchase a boat flare gun.
The Biden administration’s unconstitutional stance on gun rights has caused a spike in gun sale and Second Amendment awareness within its first few months.

READ MORE: Democrat ‘Background Checks Act’ Makes It EASIER For Illegal Immigrants To Get Guns, Restricts Americans’ 2A Rights

Many gun owners were alarmed by the confirmation of anti-Second Amendment activist judge Merrick Garland to the position of Attorney General in March. As National File reported, Garland’s history of trying to restrict gun rights stretches back decades."

** My Underdeveloped Collection **
Sig Sauer P229 .40 Black with Aluminum Grips
Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Subcompact Black
Springfield XD .45 Tactical Bi-Tone

Posts: 645 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post