SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    "Red Flag" Laws. Coming Soon To a State Near You.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Red Flag" Laws. Coming Soon To a State Near You. Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
In Virginia today, the state senate passed HB 674, "Firearms; removal from persons posing substantial risk; penalties" known colloquially as a "red flag" law. In essence, a red flag law allows for the confiscation of a person's firearms on the mere presumption of incompetence, without due process of law. Or, as the Virginia Constitutional Conservatives put it, it allows the government to "break down your doors at 3:00 a.m., shoot your dog, and take your guns." Wikipedia has an article about them.

Thanks to an effort by right-thinking Virginians, telephone calls and emails (I contributed) narrowed the vote to a 20-20 tie. The tie-breaker was cast by Virginia Lt. Governor Justin "Rapist" Fairfax. That slim margin was as wide as 26 for and 14 against recently, so applying pressure DOES work. It just wasn't enough this time.

I'm reading that other states such as Alaska, Arizona, and Ohio have red flag laws pending. New Mexico also just recently passed one.

I am not in favor of criminals or mental incompetents having firearms, but these red flag laws as they are written are simply just another ham-fisted attempt to confiscate our guns. That lawmakers have no idea of what they are doing, or the consequences of doing so is plainly evident.

We must stand up to these totalitarian efforts to emasculate the populace, and stand by those who go to meet the enemy head-on.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
They need to be STOPPED!
It is merely an excuse for confiscation of ALL guns.

Posts: 22851 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Not Arizona.

Ducey dumped the dark side.

It's going to take someone that is hit with a red flag to appeal to the SCOTUS based on a civil rights violation involving lack of due process. And it is a tough row to hoe.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Red Flag Laws are the scariest anti-gun attacks to me. Horrible and offensive unconstitutional laws.

Mostly so scary because they can so easily on the tiniest if non-existing evidence or information be acted upon. Horrible. Horrible.

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post