SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Gun buy back in New Mexico, has a sheriff investigation.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun buy back in New Mexico, has a sheriff investigation. Login/Join 
Picture of Greymann
posted
There was a recent gun buy back in Farmington N.M. that has raise the interest of New Mexico law enforcement.

Gun transfers in N.M. require an atf 4473 even between private parties. The governors law. This was not done. Also if a person buys more than 2 handguns in a 5 day period, atf form 3310.4 must be sent to atf. This didn't happen.

Then because of being a border state any transfer of two or more long guns of .22 caliber or greater must be reported to atf and local le.

The outfit that bought the guns posted pictures of some sporting rifles with the barrels cut off and receivers intact, creating sbrs. I believe the receiver are supposed to cut in three pieces. Another law broken.

So now law enforcement is investigating. Maybe this will end the buy backs.

https://twitter.com/Lord4NM/st...I1-Mf-DeYb6Wbbg&s=19

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that cutting receivers into 3 pieces only applies to demiling machine gun receivers, so that doesn’t apply here. But cutting the barrels short and leaving the receiver intact certainly does seem to make illegal SBRs.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
None of them were mine!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never understood how to "buy back" an item that I never owned in the first place.

That's okay because I have nothing that I will let go of in exchange for a gift card or concert tickets.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post