SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Alabama to Georgia FTF sale?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alabama to Georgia FTF sale? Login/Join 
Picture of General Jackson
posted
If there is a pistol in Alabama that I want to purchase from an individual and we are both legal and 21yrs or older with convictions - Are we able to meet in either Georgia or Alabama to do a face to face sale? I know I can do it in GA, but I've never bought something over state lines. Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 495 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: August 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No face-to-face sales across state lines. Face-to-face sales are only legal between residents of the same state. All out of state gun sales must be transferred through a FFL.

In your case, the seller could drive the gun to a FFL in the buyer's state, meet the buyer there, and have the FFL do the transfer. That could save a little versus shipping it to the FFL, but the FFL still has to be involved.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
In your case, the seller could drive the gun to a FFL in the buyer's state, meet the buyer there, and have the FFL do the transfer. That could save a little versus shipping it to the FFL, but the FFL still has to be involved.

This. Tell him to meet you at a gun shop in Carrollton or Lagrange.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of General Jackson
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the good advice.

Posts: 495 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: August 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

This. Tell him to meet you at a gun shop in Carrollton or Lagrange.

FMJ Armory in LaGrange, or Pawn Express in LaGrange, will both do the transfer for you. Really nice folks at both establishments.
FMJ has a really nice indoor range too.
I'm not affiliated with either location, but shop at both often.
AR Bunker in Newnan will also do the transfer for you, and I think that the owner of AR Bunker is also a member here.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post