SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Indiana Attorney General publishes Bill of Rights for Indiana Gun Owners
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Attorney General publishes Bill of Rights for Indiana Gun Owners Login/Join 
posted
Dear Fellow Gun Owner, As Hoosiers, we hold and treasure our God-given rights manifested in our nation’s and our state’s founding documents. Among those is the right to keep and bear arms. Indiana’s founders went a step further to ensure citizens’ right to self-defense when crafting our state constitution. This important right was included to enable law-abiding citizens to protect themselves against an intruder, a violent attacker, and even an overreaching government. While it is often misconstrued, this right was not included to ensure opportunities for hunting or target practice. As Indiana’s Chief Legal Officer, I will do everything I can to ensure your rights as a responsible gun owner are protected.

This document highlights some rights and responsibilities of a Hoosier gun owner, current as of July 1, 2022. It is organized as a series of broad questions and answers. I hope this document will be a reference guide to help you better understand Indiana gun laws.

Todd Rokita Indiana Attorney General

https://secure.in.gov/attorney...s-Bill-of-Rights.pdf

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this!

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post