SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Do PCCs require ATF approval?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do PCCs require ATF approval? Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
I read somewhere (think it was on CZ website) that if the pistol has a 16" barrel with a collapsible shoulder stock it is up to the buyer to get approval if buyer intends to use the stock.

May have misunderstood. Anyone clear this up for me?

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
16” is legal. If it is under 16”, there is a problem as that would make it an SBR

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10911 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Wut?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
What’s a PCC?

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47360 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
What’s a PCC?

Pistol caliber carbine.

Posts: 13041 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
May have misunderstood.

You did.

If you could point us towards the exact wording that you read, we could probably explain what they were trying to say.

But as it is, what you've posted is not correct. A 16" barreled rifle has no restrictions on using a stock, collapsible or otherwise, regardless of whether it's chambered in a pistol caliber or not.

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
May have misunderstood.

You did.

If you could point us towards the exact wording that you read, we could probably explain what they were trying to say.

But as it is, what you've posted is not correct. A 16" barreled rifle has no restrictions on using a stock, collapsible or otherwise, regardless of whether it's chambered in a pistol caliber or not.

My guess is the wording is a bit lousy. Maybe the 16" barrels are the ones that have collapsible stocks, and the stocks themselves are not legal in several states without being pinned, so it is up to the buyer to ensure legality.

Short answer: Check the legality of the stock, the barrel length (16") isn't a problem.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Found reference on CZ site

The CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol is legally classified by the ATF as a pistol, and is intended by CZ-USA to be used as a pistol. Under current federal law and ATF policy attaching a stock to this pistol – or attaching a device which is then used as a stock or intended to be used as a stock – constitutes the making of a short-barreled rifle which requires registration with ATF and the payment of the applicable tax. Users of the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol bear the sole responsibility for ensuring their use of the firearm complies with all local, state, and federal firearms laws.

I understand now. CZ is referring to their pistol, not their PCC. Sorry for confusion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogB,

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post