SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    New York pushes for a Psychological evaluation in order to purchase a firearm...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New York pushes for a Psychological evaluation in order to purchase a firearm... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
If this passes in The People’s Republic Of New York, other states are sure to be inspired Roll Eyes

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/cSi30pAJWj4

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Infringement is infringement, no matter how you slice it.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I'm just wondering if the Donks should undergo a psychological exam prior to voting. Since, most of these assholes are obviously insane!

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Politicians should be required a psychological evaluation before running for office.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I would be surprised if something that bad failed to pass up there.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
This goes right along with the idea of being forced to surrender your passwords to some stranger so they can read through your social media.

Aaaannnnd what happens if a person who already owns firearm(s) is found not stable enough to purchase another one? Hmmm, that's a real head scratcher. Probably instant/auto-red-flag.

What could possibly go wrong?

Dissuade, dissuade, dissuade for law-abiding gun owners. It'll continue until people vote otherwise.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
I would be surprised if something that bad failed to pass up there.

Left nut asshattery knows no bounds. Stupidity is something to be proud of up there. Seriously. The more stupid they make something sound, they believe they are contributing to their stupid causes. Wait a minute... if you have a stupid cause, you couldn't possibly use clear thinking and common sense to promote it. Oh now I get it.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Having once lived in the less than great state of NY, I should have a psychological evaluation if I ever consider moving back there.
I really don't have any desire to go there for a visit anymore.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
New York state is no longer part of the United States. They do not believe in nor adhere to the Constitution of the United States. The people who run New York state government are not Americans. It doesn't matter where they were born. It doesn't matter what their passport says. It doesn't matter if they are citizens of this country. They do not behave as Americans and they do not believe in nor adhere to the Constitution. End of story.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same thing in the Peoples Republic of Chicago. Actually, you are probably better off in Chicago if you are an illegal alien.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Psychological evaluations are complex tools, and not likely to be much help in determining who should own a firearm. Of course some politicians will try and advance this agenda.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It is not their intention to determine who is fit to own a fireeam. As far as they're concerned, no private citizen should have the right to own firearms.

This latest crap from them is just another effort to impede the Constitutional rights of American citizens. Calling these people 'scum' doesn't even begin to cover it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post