SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    UPDATE - Maryland Wear and Carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE - Maryland Wear and Carry Login/Join 
Genius
Picture of ST3 Rock
posted
I haven't posted here in years. I visit every now and then to see whats happening and hey...I wish you guys and gals all good thoughts.

After many years of fighting the Maryland liberal government, we can finally get our concealed carry here thanks to the SCOTUS Bruen/ New York decision. It still requires a lot of money but I have decided to pay the suns-a-bitches and get it done.

My wife and I will be LEGAL CONCEALED CARRY gun toting Maryland citizens.
Whew!! It feels good to finally say it.

There are currently 10's of thousands of Marylander's signing up for the required 16 hour gun safety training and qualifying classes all over the state.

That in itself is a good feeling.

Freedom is an expensive commodity however and it is still humbling to think of the so many people who will not be able to afford the luxury of self defense in this state.

Again....well wishes to you all.

Posts: 9283 | Location: Cecil County MD | Registered: January 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
That's great news!! Cool
Good to see you post again, don't be a stranger!

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Maryland creates a border we have to run around when traveling to parts of WV. Hopefully at some point, reciprocity will become a possibility. I'd even settle for law similar to Illinois where I can carry my loaded firearm in my vehicle as a non resident, I just can't leave the vehicle with it.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
When VA's shall-issue law went into effect around 1995, the police depts ran out of applications on the first day (all paper back then). And the cities and counties took every second the law allowed to issue, 90 days, IIRC. And the cities and counties in NoVA would then not mail the permits to the applicants. I can't remember exactly, but I think I had to keep calling to see if mine was ready for pickup. They really dragged their feet and tried to make it a discouraging journey. I can't imagine MD is going to cheerfully comply and make it easy.

Posts: 3493 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of ST3 Rock
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Maryland creates a border we have to run around when traveling to parts of WV. Hopefully at some point, reciprocity will become a possibility. I'd even settle for law similar to Illinois where I can carry my loaded firearm in my vehicle as a non resident, I just can't leave the vehicle with it.

I remember that. I had a friend who lived in Fairfax at the time and he said he waited in line for over an hour to pickup his.

Posts: 9283 | Location: Cecil County MD | Registered: January 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Is it for MD residents only, or will they issue for non-residents?

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Is it for MD residents only, or will they issue for non-residents?

They don't delineate between resident or non-resident.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig226 is correct. Non resident here and have been approved. Waiting on card in the mail.

Posts: 59 | Registered: April 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post