SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Florida: Too many Rinos Killing Open Carry
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Florida: Too many Rinos Killing Open Carry Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pinbot1966:

What most Florida residents do not know, due to FL Constitutional Carry, is that now you must notify law enforcement ASAP that you have a weapon in the vehicle if pulled over for any traffic stop.
Do you have a reference to the legal requirement for this?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
@ 71 Truck and V-Tail - last year the Guardian program had Section 790 inter-woven in their governing statue, this is where I saw it. Looking tonight in section 790, 2024, I do not see it. 790 appears to have been amended several times since last year. I will try and get some info from the guardian document from last year.

So it would appear that section 790. as currently written, one would not have to notify unless asked by leo.

Posts: 93 | Location: Crawfordville | Registered: October 31, 2011Report This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pinbot1966:
@ 71 Truck and V-Tail - last year the Guardian program had Section 790 inter-woven in their governing statue, this is where I saw it. Looking tonight in section 790, 2024, I do not see it. 790 appears to have been amended several times since last year. I will try and get some info from the guardian document from last year.

So it would appear that section 790. as currently written, one would not have to notify unless asked by leo.

Thanks for getting back to us.
Several years ago I worked at a friends gun shop/range. Back then I used to pay more attention to what laws if Florida were updating or changing.

Since being out of the industry for several years it's been a while since I read the 790 statute.
This was a good refresher fore me and need to check up on it more often.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2644 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Report This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
The right answer to a complaint about someone doing something that is legal is to tell them to STFU. Especially foreigners.

Since when do they dictate what we do?

I've made my point.

Donate to FPC if you really care about gun rights.

https://x.com/gunpolicy/status/1641169434092994560

Posts: 5234 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in Virginia where open carry is our method of constitutional, permitless carry. I'm of the opinion that a constitutional right you don't exercise because you're concerned about attracting attention or making people upset, is a constitutional right you've willingly given up and lost.

Do I open carry all the time? Nope. But I do from time to time, just because I can and while I still can.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markand:
I live in Virginia where open carry is our method of constitutional, permitless carry. I'm of the opinion that a constitutional right you don't exercise because you're concerned about attracting attention or making people upset, is a constitutional right you've willingly given up and lost.

Do I open carry all the time? Nope. But I do from time to time, just because I can and while I still can.

I disagree that if you do not exercise a right you have lost or given up the right.
A free choice is just that > FREE.

Posts: 23257 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Nick42
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markand:

Please tell me. Exactly how does one "exercise" a God-given, inalienable right? Does that mean you do something, that is your right, against the wish or will of others, others that may include some fleeting administration of the federal government?
And how is it possible to lose that right? The US Constitution does not grant rights, but expressly prohibits the US government from violating enumerated rights of individual citizens of these United States.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Common sense is no longer simply uncommon. It is rare these days.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I happen to agree with your point, Nick, but tell me something- You registered here seventeen and a half years ago and never posted until yesterday. Now you have eleven posts, and you are disguising your location with a VPN.

Furthermore, your email address from "duck.com" - that's spammer territory, man.

This is rather odd and suspicious. Would you care to explain?

Posts: 109256 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nick? You there, babe?

A rational explanation is all I'm asking.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Disconnect your VPN and post again in this thread.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You can reconnect your VPN.

You don't do yourself any favors by having the forum admin have to chase you around this place for THREE DAYS to get a response from you.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm not sending an email to that address, not knowing what I know about the reputation of that domain.

You're either talking to us, or you're talking at us. If you're actually conversing with us, you will always check back on threads to which you have posted, in which case you would see my posts addressing you.

I'm not new at this. I know what I'm doing and my actions are not capricious, and that's the last explanation you'll get from me.
quote:
Do you want me to reply to posts less?
Be a smartass with someone else.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fabulous

Picture of Nick42
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Fabulous

I don't particularly care to have to explain myself either. So we are even. I was not trying to be evasive. I explained and did what you asked. If you think I am spamming and not adding anything of value to the forum, I can leave. If you don't want me here, I can leave.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If I didn't want you here, you would know it.

You don't like having to explain yourself? This venue is provided to you free of charge or obligation. I explained my concerns to you and gave you ample time to respond, and you think you've been put upon? Do you need it pointed out to you again that part of my function here is guarding the gates?

Do you know what this looked like? It looked like a long-dormant account had been hijacked. Seventeen and a half years without a single post, then, a flurry of posts. The fact that you're using a VPN and email aliasing made it a trifecta.

The decision to leave is yours, and if you're so particular that you cannot see that my suspicions and the requirement of a response from you were reasonable, that's your problem.

Picture of Nick42
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If I didn't want you here, you would know it.

You don't like having to explain yourself? This venue is provided to you free of charge or obligation. I explained my concerns to you and gave you ample time to respond, and you think you've been put upon? Do you need it pointed out to you again that part of my function here is guarding the gates?

Do you know what this looked like? It looked like a long-dormant account had been hijacked. Seventeen and a half years without a single post, then, a flurry of posts. The fact that you're using a VPN and email aliasing made it a trifecta.

The decision to leave is yours, and if you're so particular that you cannot see that my suspicions and the requirement of a response from you were reasonable, that's your problem.
Fair enough. And that is why I answered, without being given any benefit of the doubt. Are we square?

And BTW, I deleted my posts in this exhange to spare the rest of the forum.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, that's not why you deleted them, and my suggestion to you is to leave this alone. Your lack of respect for your host is your problem, not mine.