SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Florida: Too many Rinos Killing Open Carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida: Too many Rinos Killing Open Carry Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted
Cm'on Florida, you can do better. Confused

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Probably get my butt handed to me, but I'm just not sold on open carry, probably because I'd never do it, prefer to keep it concealed, FL changed the laws on printing so it's not an issue anymore.

But, I get why some do, but then you get the idiots that show up at starbucks to make a tictok video for clicks with their rifles, camo, molly that don't help IMO the cause.

Even if it passed, Doubt I'd do it...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even if it passed, Doubt I'd do it...

Not the point, it just needs to be a choice.

We have it in Texas and I don't recall seeing anyone open carrying.
So the Starbuck-tik-tockers with AR is about as rare as winning the lottery.
The only time I do is when I walk my dog and I do usually try to vaguely conceal it when I can.
In fact I don't think anyone even notices when I carry.
I fully understand and support the tactical reason for not open carrying.

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
You can thank Janet Reno for Florida’s ban on open carry. And yes, that Janet Reno, who was the Miami-Dade State Attorney in 1987.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would a lawsuit referencing Bruen tend to quash open carry restrictions? Does anyone know if it was more common than concealed during the 19th century?

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post