SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    AR pistol CCW question in NC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR pistol CCW question in NC Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted
My wife had to retake her CCW permit because it lapsed last year when she was bad sick. Yesterday she takes the class and was told here in North Carolina you can not conceal an AR15 pistol. I have never heard of this before and I conceal an AR15 pistol in bags occasionally.

Does anyone know for sure what the law states?

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I am not a CHP instructor, but I am not aware of any law that prohibits a concealed AR pistol.

I just looked through the varying publications on the matter and don’t see it.

I’d recommend checking handgunlaw.us but I believe that statement is wrong. It would not technically be legal to conceal a rifle with a permit, but the definition of a pistol in NC matches the federal one.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post