SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Nikki Fried is Using Confidential Florida Gun Owner Data in Her Campaign Against Governor Ron DeSantis
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nikki Fried is Using Confidential Florida Gun Owner Data in Her Campaign Against Governor Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
https://www.thetruthaboutguns....vernor-ron-desantis/

Please read the whole article.

Last month, Fried announced she suspended the CWFLs of six more Jan. 6 attendees, whom she called “domestic terrorists” and “traitors.”

“Today I’m announcing the suspension of six licenses of domestic terrorists who participated in the January 6 insurrection attempt against the United States,” she said in an Oct. 19 tweet. “That brings our total to 28 suspensions. As more charges are filed, we will continue to hold these traitors accountable.”

By TTAG Contributor -November 9, 2021

By Lee Williams

In a one-of-a-kind system unknown in other states, Florida’s wildly popular Concealed Weapon or Firearm Licensing program is overseen by the state’s Commissioner of Agriculture, in this case Nikki Fried.

Florida’s licensing division, which to date has issued more than 2.4 million CWFLs, is subordinate to Fried’s Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. State lawmakers once flirted with the idea of taking the CWFL program away from Fried and transferring responsibility for the concealed-carry licenses to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, but, ultimately, the change was never made.

Fried is the only Democrat to hold statewide office in the Gunshine State, where last week Republican voters finally outnumbered registered Democrats. She is also the only state official known to possess both a CWFL and a Florida Medical Marijuana Card, regardless of the federal legal problems this creates when she purchases a firearm.

Now Fried is using her access to confidential gun owner data that her position affords in her campaign for governor against incumbent Gov. Ron DeSantis. Fried has shrugged off scrutiny about her actions as well as any attempts to gain clarity and accountability.

On July 27, at approximately 1:07 p.m., Fried tweeted: “I just suspended the concealed weapons permits of 22 people involved in the insurrection against the United States of America instigated by Donald Trump on January 6, 2021.”

In a written statement, Fried said . . .

The storming of the Capitol on January 6th where we witnessed acts of violence and domestic terrorism intended to undermine our democratic institutions shook our nation to its core – and its impact continues to be felt every day. The individuals involved must be held accountable for their treasonous actions. While Florida has the shameful distinction of being home to the largest proportion of individuals charged in relation to the insurrection, our department has been using its lawful authority and carrying out its legal duty to suspend the licenses of anyone charged with disqualifying offenses. When we announced the initial 22 suspensions earlier this summer, we made it clear that this would be an ongoing effort and that additional suspensions and revocations would be issued as additional charges were filed and sentences rendered. Since that time, FDACS has suspended six additional licenses of individuals related to the insurrection, and should further charges and sentences come down, we will enact further suspensions and revocations of licenses issued by our department as required by Florida statute.

Two day later, Fried’s department officially acknowledged that ...

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Then why the hell hasn't she surrendered both her CWP and MMC? Having an MMC automatically made her a prohibited person under the ATF Open Letter.

DeSantis ought to revoke both her CWP and MMC.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31365 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Look, most of Florida has no idea who Fried is, and those that do, with few exceptions, think she's garbage. She doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell against DeSantis, and she knows it. This little stunt is not going to move the ball one inch in getting her any nearer the governor's mansion. I personally am going to enjoy the incredible electoral embarrassment she's headed for in November.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
She'l be gone but the precedent and the mechanism remains.

Its the way her office was abused to coordinate the GDC's nationwide attack on the people.

"...Two day later, Fried’s department officially acknowledged that they received Friday’s public records request, which was sent approximately three months prior.

Fried did not return calls, emails, or messages left with her staff seeking comment for this story. To date, her department has not supplied any of the documents sought in Florida Carry’s public records request.

In an email sent Tuesday in response to a request to interview Fried, Erin M. Moffet, Fried’s Director of Strategic Communications & Federal Affairs, wrote:

It is the Department’s position that providing the specific license types would lead to the disclosure of personally identifying information, which is required to remain confidential. Pursuant to Section 790.0601, Florida Statutes, FDACS can neither confirm nor deny whether an individual has ever applied for or received a concealed weapon or firearm license, as this information is exempt from disclosure as a public record.

Moffett never addressed the intent of the original email, the request to interview Fried.

Sean Caranna is Florida Carry’s executive director and co-founder. Said Caranna . . .

The reason that the licensing program was transferred to the Department of Agriculture years ago was to make sure that there would be an elected official who could be held responsible by the voters for abusing, misusing and failing to properly administer Florida’s first-of-its-kind shall-issue licensing program. Nikki Fried has just provided an important example of why that decision is still well-founded. She has mismanaged the program, infringed upon the people’s right to keep and bear arms, denied licenses without providing proof or evidence that people are disqualified, and now she uses secret information that is supposed to be confidential for her own political gains."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
My first question is what secret information?

If she is in charge of the system then is she not also able to get the name of any one with a Florida CWP?

Now the only other question is if the six folks who's permits were resented have been charged with a crime....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indiana code:

Sec. 5. (a) The superintendent may suspend or revoke any license issued under this chapter if the superintendent has reasonable grounds to believe that the person’s license should be suspended or revoked.
(b) Documented evidence that a person is not a “proper person” to be licensed as defined by IC 35-47-1-7, or is prohibited under section 3(i)(5) of this chapter from being issued a license, shall be grounds for immediate suspension or revocation of a license previously issued under this chapter. However, if a license is suspended or revoked based solely on an arrest under section 3(i)(5) of this chapter, the license shall be reinstated upon the acquittal of the defendant in that case or upon the dismissal of the charges for the specific offense.

If the June 6th protesters are charged with felonies, then suspending their carry licenses until acquittal or dismissal is not unreasonable. In Indiana the head of the State Police is in charge of carry licenses. I guess that makes more sense than Agriculture...

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The poor girl is experiencing a conflict:

Florida’s Ag Commissioner Challenges DOJ Reply in Cannabis Patients' Gun Rights Suit
Jannis Falkenstern

PUNTA GORDA, Fla.–Florida’s Agriculture Commissioner took issue with a recent Department of Justice memo attached to a move to dismiss a lawsuit that challenges disqualifying the state’s medical cannabis patients from legally owning firearms. The memo characterized marijuana users as “dangerous.”

“The DOJ’s argument is as offensive as it is inaccurate,” Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried, a Democrat, said in an Aug. 8 written statement. “We were disappointed not only with the motion but with the memo attached to the motion, calling marijuana users dangerous.”

“DOJ’s argument is … inaccurate, utilizing centuries-old case law and making false claims demonizing medical marijuana patients—including perpetuating prejudicial stereotypes that cannabis users are dangerous or mentally ill.”

However, the Justice Department argues in their request for dismissal that it would be “dangerous to trust regular marijuana users to exercise sound judgment” with firearms because marijuana “causes significant mental and physical impairments that make it dangerous for a person to possess (a) firearm.”

On Aug. 9, Fried responded to a motion from the DOJ to dismiss her April lawsuit challenging the disqualification of the state’s nearly 741,000 medical cannabis patients with active identification cards from owning firearms. According to Fried’s office, Florida has 2.5 million concealed weapons permit holders on record.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...ts-suit_4658817.html

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
My first question is what secret information?

If she is in charge of the system then is she not also able to get the name of any one with a Florida CWP?

Now the only other question is if the six folks who's permits were resented have been charged with a crime....

Answer to question #1:

Yes, it is her job.

Answer to question #2:

Yes, these six were either charged or convicted along with the 22 folks previously bringing the total to 28 folks whose Florida CWL has been suspended for crimes they either committed or have been arrested for in relation to Jan. 6. Again, that’s the job.

I’m certain Charles Bronson would have done the same.

She bragged about it as part of her run for governor. I challenge folks to point out a politician who hasn’t bragged about what a wonderful job he/she has done. The issue is she’s a witch and I know she’s a witch because she turned me into a newt then I got better.

Posts: 10811 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Poor Nikki.

She won't have a shot at the governorship.

posted Hide Post
Crazy because according to Biden we needed F15's and nukes to take on the United States government, but if you believe the democrats and the democratic news this group of unarmed civilians seem to have gotten extremely close to destroying our nation...

It's wild there were literally cities on fire and overrun by thugs (Seattle) 2-3 years ago and those have just disappeared... But you still can't turn on the MSM and not hear about January 6th...

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post