SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Florida's Gov. announces constitutional carry ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida's Gov. announces constitutional carry ... Login/Join 
posted
TALLAHASSEE — Gov. Ron DeSantis on Friday promised to push for a bill allowing Floridians to publicly carry firearms even if they have not previously taken a training course or gotten a permit.

“I can’t tell you exactly when, but I’m pretty confident that I will be able to sign ‘constitutional carry’ into law in the state of Florida,” DeSantis said. “The Legislature will get it done. I can’t tell you if it’s going to be next week, six months, but I can tell you that before I am done as governor, we will have a signature on that bill.”

The governor made his remarks at an unrelated news conference in Williston.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/...s-coming-to-florida/

Posts: 81 | Location: Southern California  | Registered: April 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
That's great, hoping it gets through committee, think the last time the group that oversees sending the bill out for vote had several opponents that killed it...

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great!

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post