SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    NRA convention a bust?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA convention a bust? Login/Join 
posted
Seems like everyone that was going to speak/sing is running for cover. Some of the manufactures are skipping as well.
Looks like the protests outside will be well attended as well.

Posts: 1658 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Larry Gatlin and (especially) Lee Greenwood disappoint me.

God Bless The USA was our theme song when I was in the service, and I was always the one who would "STAND UP" when that lyric was sung.

Lee Greenwood can suck a bag of dicks.

Posts: 20065 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I was looking forward to attending the convention in Denver—then Columbine happened.
The convention was canceled entirely.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah the concert was cancelled completely.
ETix sent me a message my tickets would be automatically refunded.
A couple at the ILA Meeting canceled including Dan Crenshaw, Dan Patrick and the Governor message was a video (OK considering the circumstances) but the rest of the no-shows were pure cowards.
Great speeches by SD Gov. Kristi Noem, Sen. Ted Cruz, LT. Gov Mark Robinson (he was on FIRE), and of course another gem by President Donald J. Trump!
The show itself was a bit lackluster by attendees or rather lack of such as Sig Sauer, and a few others I was anxious to see.
Not a great show of the past but considering it was the first in three years it is a start.
Hope for better luck next time.
I still enjoy going.

Posts: 22891 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not like the event was scheduled to coincide with a school shooting, but that's how the media is treating it.

People act like the NRA is funded by gun manufacturers - it isn't. They act like the NRA gets money from nefarious actors - it doesn't. They claim the NRA "owns" politicians, via contributions - it doesn't.

The NRA represents millions of Americans that vote and go not forget. That is their power.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
My failure to renew my NRA membership for the last several years has nothing to do with recent events, it has to do with the leadership, or lack of, from the board and the corruption at the top level.
Until that changes, they won't get any money from me.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Looks like the protests outside will be well attended as well.
Was it?

Posts: 9026 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately the convention was canceled entirely. I had plans of going myself.

Posts: 12 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 28, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bd471:
Unfortunately the convention was canceled entirely. I had plans of going myself.

What?? The convention was not canceled, it was held even though there were some demonstrators out side the building. Some speakers canceled out but Pres Trump and Sen Ted Cruz was there, plus most of the usual gun youtubers too.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post