SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Gun owners contributing to loss of Second Amendment?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun owners contributing to loss of Second Amendment? Login/Join 
posted
What have you heard from fellow gun owners on gun control? I don’t like what I’m hearing. Far too many are willing to give up on semi-autos (“assault weapons”), universal background checks, and other key issues. These folks apparently don’t understand how throwing in the towel on these issues cripples the 2A. Your experience?

"Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. James Mattis, USMC

Posts: 82 | Registered: May 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Similar experiences. Lots of intelligent and educated people have become brainwashed, don't understand the difference between a semi-auto and a machinegun, ready to believe that children or felons can buy military-grade weapons over the internet or at a gun show without ID or background checks, convinced that no one needs "X-number" of rounds for deer hunting (and no idea what a "round" is anyway), no doubt about the NRA being the political wing of gun manufacturers wanting to sell armor-piercing ammo and cop-killer bullets to school children, etc, etc, etc.

It has only been a few hundred years since the Holy Roman Church condemned crossbows as an instrument of the devil that would destroy the human race. Apparently no problems with burning heretics at the stake, using the rack as an instrument of torture while interrogating suspected non-believers or witches, drawing and quartering those of other faiths as an example for others to toe the line.

My personal favorite in recent years was a very intelligent and articulate older gentleman who went on a rant about "these new 9-millimeters" and "large capacity magazines". When I explained to him that the 9mm pistol cartridge had been around since the 1890's and magazines holding more than 10 rounds have been in common use for over a hundred years, somehow he couldn't explain why the apocalypse hasn't happened yet.

I'm not surprised that the guy who shoots trap on Sundays with a custom Remington 1100, or the guy who keeps a magazine plug in his Browning A5 for duck and goose hunting, or the guy who uses his scope-mounted .30-06 only for the annual elk hunt, maybe the guy who keeps a .22 pistol for camping trips with the grandkids, all seem to think that the proposed new laws will have no effect on themselves so it's not a concern for them. None of them make the connection with "semi-automatics", handguns "capable of accepting large-cap magazines", or "sniper rifles". None of them think they will have to pay huge fees and jump through a dozen bureaucratic hoops to get a firearms owner license, or register their common guns, or pay taxes on the guns and ammunition, or give up their constitutional protections against warrantless searches and seizures so that government officials can come and go at will to check on their "safe storage" facilities and evaluate the home environment for compliance with ever-changing standards.

For sure, not many remember how Hugo Chavez disarmed the Venezuelan people, or Khmer Rouge massacres of intellectuals and professionals, or Hitler disarming certain groups prior to herding them into railroad cars for rides to the extermination camps, or the dozens of other examples of gun control for the good of the people over the past century. They probably don't pay much attention to a modern worldwide effort to kill every man who isn't a member of their religious denomination and take their wives and children as slaves.

They certainly don't make the mental connection of the Second Amendment being the only real protection for the other 9 amendments constituting the Bill of Rights. Certainly a lot of confusion about "rights" and "privileges" in the modern USA.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1091 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lobo, you are SO right!

"Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. James Mattis, USMC

Posts: 82 | Registered: May 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I personally don’t hear anyone in a panic or even caring about whatever BS gun control the commies in Washington are going to try and pass. I believe you will see states dig their heels in like never before and people generally ignoring the BS and not complying. I think the dolts of DC are severely underestimating the level of resistance. When our representative government believes they need a wall around their castle but not one to protect our borders it’s probably time for some personal assessment from those elected. The fear that I see from them is very much warranted. I believe they have finally pushed free America too far and anybody willing to give an inch was never an ally. I’d rather the enemy be out in the open than concealed behind the veil of lies and falsehoods.

Posts: 2930 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Nobody I know or talk about is giving up and I don't think they ever will.

Around here, we're pretty vehemently pro 2A.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
I personally don’t hear anyone in a panic or even caring about whatever BS gun control the commies in Washington are going to try and pass. I believe you will see states dig their heels in like never before and people generally ignoring the BS and not complying. I think the dolts of DC are severely underestimating the level of resistance. When our representative government believes they need a wall around their castle but not one to protect our borders it’s probably time for some personal assessment from those elected. The fear that I see from them is very much warranted. I believe they have finally pushed free America too far and anybody willing to give an inch was never an ally. I’d rather the enemy be out in the open than concealed behind the veil of lies and falsehoods.

This is the vibe I get from folks and have myself. If the left pushes too far, they won’t get a civil war, they’ll get a revolutionary one.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15500 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10913 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:

This is the vibe I get from folks and have myself. If the left pushes too far, they won’t get a civil war, they’ll get a revolutionary one.

I never thought I’d read logic and reason in the gun control section. Dear Penthouse forum, I never thought it would happen to me.......

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37079 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Neither a Pollyanna nor a Chicken Little be ...

Don't ignore what your enemies tell you they want to do, in light of what they've done in the past.

https://ammo.com/articles/joe-...orm-second-amendment

"The one-two punch of the Wuhan Coronavirus explosion, and the civil unrest of early 2020, led to an unprecedented growth in firearms ownership in America. All told, there were about two million firearms sold in the month of March 2020 alone. Between March and July, an additional three million were sold, with about half of those happening in the month of June.

Ammunition sales have similarly spiked, with record sales occurring on this website. However, gun owners don’t need a report to know that there has been a massive surge in demand for ammunition. They need only go down to their local gun store and see that all of the most common rounds are in short supply, sold out or being rationed at the point of sale.

But it’s not just guns and ammo. There has also been a significant increase in the number of Americans obtaining their concealed carry weapons permit and packing on a daily basis. Forbes magazine estimates that 20 million Americans are now carrying as part of their everyday life.

The flipside of this is that Joe Biden’s 2020 campaign was perhaps the most radically anti-Second Amendment campaign on record. President Biden is very proud of his role in spiriting the 1994 gun ban into passage. And throughout his time as president, we will likely see an expansion of the power of the federal government and attacks on the rights of Americans that will not be restricted to the ownership of firearms. As president, Biden will resume the Obama-era attacks on the suburbs ended by President Trump, give citizenship (and voting rights) to nearly 30 million illegal aliens and use the Federal Reserve to address a “racial wealth gap.”

However, Biden’s desire to erode the Second Amendment deserves special attention. It is a radical agenda that will gut the right to bear arms in this country. Does that sound like bluster and hyperbole? It’s not." Emphasis mine.

Care for a little Fascism (by actual definition), anyone?

Chokepoint 2.0 – “choking” legal businesses out of the marketplace.

In his flurry of Executive Orders, Biden reversed the Trump rule. So on January 28 emphasis mine, Biden’s administrator of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) “paused” the Trump rule intended to prevent banks from discriminating against the firearms industry or citizens. When banks can discriminate any business or person based on the leftist agenda, it doesn’t bode well for any of us. If you or your business is considered “an enemy of the state,” under Biden’s agenda, you are sunk.

Under Operation Choke Point, federal regulators instructed banks to do the opposite — to openly discriminate against entire industries the Obama administration found objectionable. Weaponizing the power of banking regulators at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. and the Office of Comptroller of the Currency, the Obama administration realized it could block entire industries from the banking system that it didn’t like. This made it difficult — if not impossible — for politically unfavored businesses such as gun sellers and short-term lenders to operate.

Essentially, by using the power of federal banking regulators to intimidate banks from providing their services to these industries, the administration choked off their access to the financial system, leaving them paying more for essential banking services, or unable to use a bank at all…

…Different agencies within the Obama administration denied wrongdoing in various ways. At least one bank, however, admitted to choking off three legal enterprises at the government’s behest. Dozens of business owners — many of them gun sellers and short-term lenders — said their bank accounts and access to credit card processing platforms were suddenly stymied or shut down with no explanation and no opportunity for recourse.

Kelsey Bolar at The Federalist

Biden’s administration will be hailed as heroes by leftists. In the current culture of hating on Conservatives, this chokepoint style policy could impact all of us in ways we never imagined, and not just for the gun industry. Can you start a bank yourself? Can you start a credit card company yourself? It’s possible, but in order to get FDIC insurance, it would still fall under the FDIC. Federal regulators.

Though such a policy is blatantly unconstitutional, it is highly unlikely anything will be done about it at this point. We’re all in for a rough ride. Buckle up.

https://ussanews.com/News1/202...-or-the-marketplace/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I knew we couldn’t have positive vibes for very long before we would be advised to “STAY VIGILENT”.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37079 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Sorry for being such a

Here:

"Bad news for Joe Biden and anti-gun Democrats: most Americans aren’t interested in new gun control measures like his ban on modern sporting rifles and so-called high capacity ammunition magazines. The new finding is courtesy of the Gallup Poll, which surveyed 1,023 adults to find out how satisfied they were with the current crop of gun laws on the books."

https://bearingarms.com/camedw...p-gun-control-n41243

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^
This is why gun legislation never goes beyond the executive order level. Representatives KNOW that the average American KNOW what the real issues are, and it’s not the average law abiding American. People like my representative (Manchin) know they are playing Russian roulette when they push for outrageous and unconstitutional “gun reform”. Getting voted out is the least of their concerns when threatening the largest group of armed patriots on the planet.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15500 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post