SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Illinois HB5855 AWB and magazine ban, 7th Circuit Court upholds ban 2-1, 11/03/23, full "en banc" DENIED 12/11/23, SCOTUS denies injunction 12/14/23
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Illinois HB5855 AWB and magazine ban, 7th Circuit Court upholds ban 2-1, 11/03/23, full "en banc" DENIED 12/11/23, SCOTUS denies injunction 12/14/23 Login/Join 
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
New Mexico is trying a similar ban.
If it get passed the state wants us to register any firearm that is gas operated, but if a "bolt in magazine" is installed then you won't have to register it.
Plus a few other unconstitutional laws.

Senator Heinrich (D) from N.M. is a co-signer of a similar bill he is pushing (the safe act) at the federal level.

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
New Mexico is trying a similar ban.
If it get passed the state wants us to register any firearm that is gas operated, but if a "bolt in magazine" is installed then you won't have to register it.
Plus a few other unconstitutional laws.

Senator Heinrich (D) from N.M. is a co-signer of a similar bill he is pushing (the safe act) at the federal level.

A "bolt in magazine" , how generous of them. The problem with these gun grabbing marxists is they will never stop and change their minds on what they "allowed" you to have in the past. Hopefully we will get some good news from SCOTUS in 2024 or 2025 on AWB, magazine bans, and all this other crap they are trying but I am not as confident about that as I was a year ago. Still we must financially support out favorite Second Amendment organizations as the battle continues.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Not much news lately. Todd V did a video recently and he was saying at this point he is hoping we see some sort of relief by summer of 2025 via a SCOTUS decision on an AWB case that could come from one of the many states that have pending AWB legislation in the courts.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the Dems are deliberately overloading SCOTUS in hopes that most of their shit gets ignored and forgotten.

All DJT's cases will, most likely, end up there, and of course they will be more critical than we are here in Illinois.

I haven't heard of Todd V so don't know what he's saying, and the Washington Gun Law guy, I'm a couple weeks behind watching his vids.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post