SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Hawaii Resolution to Repeal 2nd Amendment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hawaii Resolution to Repeal 2nd Amendment Login/Join 
posted
The Hawaii State Senate wants the US Congress to consider repealing the second amendment.

https://granitegrok.com/blog/2...xUeS8z3ilspguz8GFAiM

Posts: 186 | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://trackbill.com/bill/haw...15431/#/details=true

Complete document, including sponsor list.
Whom should be first into the boxcars.

Sponsors (5)

HI - Senator Stanley Chang (D)

Type:

Primary Sponsor

HI - Senator Dru Mamo Kanuha (D)

HI - Senator Karl Rhoads (D)

HI - Senator Laura H. Thielen (D)

HI - Senator Rosalyn H. Baker (D)

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hawaii needs to just succeed and just get the hell out of here....And take NY, NJ, MA, CT, CA, MD, DC every other Liberal, Progressive Democrat hell holes with them. Personally, I am sick and tired of these ignorant, idiots that took Bloomberg money to push this crap. We really need to "Not Comply" and "Resist" this nonsense......

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

That's one of the major reasons Why we left Hawaii for a more 2A friendly state: Texas

The last report by the State AG on guns said that there are Over a million and a half guns and maybe
over 2 million. They just don't know.

The record keeping by the various island PDs aren't that good.

Considering the number of guns coming into Hawaii(All of which Must be registered).
There must be quite a large gun owning people.

The main problem as I see it, is that the majority of gun owners would rather let someone else fight
anti 2A laws.

They Don't join the NRA or it's state affiliate, the Hawaii Rifle Assn.
And, when something like this comes up the first thing they cry is where's the NRA or HRA?
They will spend $$$ on guns and nothing to the Pro 2A PAC.
I'm a Life member of the HRA, have been since I was old enough to vote.
These non members complaint is, "my one vote doesn't mean anything"
As soon as I was able to, I joined the TSRA(Texas State Rifle Assn.)

They fail to realize that there is strength in numbers.

If a large majority of gun owners, joined the HRA and put $$ into the 2A PAC,
things like this would not happen.

The sponsors of this are well known for their Anti 2A sentiments
They know that the HRA doesn't have the numbers to unseat any of them.

Posts: 1200 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YogiBear:
Howdy,

That's one of the major reasons Why we left Hawaii for a more 2A friendly state: Texas

The last report by the State AG on guns said that there are Over a million and a half guns and maybe

Considering the number of guns coming into Hawaii(All of which Must be registered).

The main problem as I see it, is that the majority of gun owners would rather let someone else fight
anti 2A laws.

And, when something like this comes up the first thing they cry is where's the NRA or HRA?

Yep. ~ 300M Americans, only about ~6M NRA members. 20M members might allow the NRA to do ALOT more. Same story in alot places...apathy/complacency followed by whining. 'Somebody' [other than me] should do something !!!'

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YogiBear:
Howdy,

anti 2A laws.

You're not wrong. It's sad what is happening/has happened in Hawaii. Such a beautiful place, except for the politics.

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
it'd be nice if the Hawaii legislature burned to the ground, while in session.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akcopnfbks:
It's sad what is happening/has happened in Hawaii. Such a beautiful place, except for the politics.

And (related to the politics) all the homeless campers on the beaches all over Oahu. The world's best beaches, filled with homeless tents, and the crime that goes with it.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad but true^^^^^^ Just too overwhelmingly a Democratic State. The Dems want to turn this State into another Seattle, with the rail in construction, and the big push with high priced condos for the rich in Kakaako, oh and a "sanctuary city" as well. For decades the State has been a homeless destination (and still is), great weather, free medical, food for the asking, only now when the problem has become a nightmare are they scrambling to deal with it, and doing a pretty bad job of it so far. Do hope more people will join the HRA. Hell can people outside of Hawaii join the HRA? For twenty bucks annual membership, a few thousand outside members just may turn the tide.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rpm2010,

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post