SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Kentucky Bill Request 171

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kentucky Bill Request 171 Login/Join 
posted
Representative Josh Bray of Mt. Vernon has introduced BR171. This Legislation is intended to make Kentucky a Second Amendment Sanctuary State.
The news media has covered it but spends most of there time interviewing Representatives against it. KY residents need to contact your state representative encouraging them to co-sponsor this legislation. Sooner rather than later is better.

Posts: 72 | Registered: August 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The legislature is out of session until January. The bill will have to be refiled.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 35424 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim, I am perplexed by your response. The wording indicates it is not worth doing anything about it. Both Senators and Representatives can prefill bills. They go into Bill Request then when the cession starts in January they are the first bills that are filed. The reason for prefilling the legislation is to allow other Legislators to sign on as Co-Sponsoring the bill. If gun owners in Kentucky want their rights to be protected from the federal government legislation like this is a must. 14 other states have done this already. With Kentucky's gun history I am surprised it has not been introduced before. If we Kentuckians don't want progun legislation like the big one introduced and defeated last cession we need to get our Legislators behind this. Nothing will happen until they hear from their constituents encouraging them to hopefully co-sponsor but at a minimum vote to pass it.

posted Hide Post
I just checked the legislation page for Bill Request 171. These are the sponsor and co-sponsors as of right now: J. Bray, K. Banta, D. Fister, B. Reed, R. Webber. Not many. One co-sponsor is my representative that got on board after I contacted her. I also contacted some Kentucky Senators and they promised if the bill gets to the senate they would push it. Guys and gals contact your Kentucky State Representatives and encourage them to co-sponsor this legislation. We need at least 20 co-sponsors.