SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    The dumbest "gun control" proposal of all
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The dumbest "gun control" proposal of all Login/Join 
posted
This has always been the dumbest proposal of all to me - removing all liability protections for gun manufacturers. If a drunk wrecks a car and kills somebody, does anyone really think the auto manufacturer should be liable? Why would you allow anyone to sue the crap out of gun manufacturers for the misdeeds of owners? Only one reason. You want to destroy and bankrupt gun manufacturers in the United States.

What if we had provided liability protection for cigarette manufacturers, they ask. Analogy doesn't work. Aside from providing some pleasure for some addicted users, cigarettes have no useful purpose. That's not the case with firearms.

I'm sure many proposals drive others here really crazy, but this is the one that bugs me most of all. It's real purpose is to completely destroy gun manufacturing in the U.S.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
We have a Federal law now that seems to be ignored by Progressives, the the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act which passed in 2005.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
We have a Federal law now that seems to be ignored by Progressives, the the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act which passed in 2005.

For now.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey! to be honest
I totally agree with you on this one.

Posts: 12 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 28, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post