SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Is everyone pounding their Senators to slap down gun control proposals?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is everyone pounding their Senators to slap down gun control proposals? Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
As we all know, they're at it again. After the recent spate of shooting, the antis are making a big push for more gun control at the federal level.

Those of us in states that have even the slightest bit of red in them, need to be hitting up their senators to remind them that if they want our votes, they'll vote against any of this.

Specifically, people in TX need to be pounding Cornyn. In NC, go after Tillis. While not a Republican, people in AZ should be hitting on Sinema. She seems to know how her state goes on gun control, and may play along. Toomey in PA is a lame duck and may not care, but it couldn't hurt to try. And always, in WV go after Manchin.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
No, I don't believe they give one shit about what anyone they "represent" has to say or think. They already know what they have been ordered to do and no one will sway them.

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Considering my two anti-gun senators championed their own gun control proposal months ago I know this would be total waste of my time.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1853 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
One Senator is safely in the correct column. The other is retiring this term and probably doesn't give a shit what I say, but has historically been on the correct side of the issue.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
One of our Senators is too interested in bragging about her new EV. And the other we rarely hear anything from until re-election time come up.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8064 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I send letters and emails pretty regularly, to my GA Senators, Ossoff and Warnock. The lazy blanket statement or non-existent replies I get every time are discouraging. I sent a lengthy letter regarding the Second Amendment and gun control just before this latest spat of shootings. The "reply" I got from Warnock was so lazy it was insulting. I still encourage people to contact them though.

Posts: 2066 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The replies are beside the point. I bet they count each letter for he sentiment expressed. It's their business to know what their constituents are thinking.

quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
I send letters and emails pretty regularly, to my GA Senators, Ossoff and Warnock. The lazy blanket statement or non-existent replies I get every time are discouraging. I sent a lengthy letter regarding the Second Amendment and gun control just before this latest spat of shootings. The "reply" I got from Warnock was so lazy it was insulting. I still encourage people to contact them though.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The replies are beside the point

I agree, and I have expressed that opinion in other threads on here. I intend to continue contacting them, despite the perceived deaf ears on the other end, if for no other reason than I can say I tried doing it right, if it comes to blows.

Posts: 2066 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
The replies are beside the point. I bet they count each letter for he sentiment expressed. It's their business to know what their constituents are thinking.

I’ll bet they really don’t care, especially since many of them are form letters that all you have to is push a button on a website, and it gets sent. Plus, a lot of them probably come from people outside of their state, so it’s not representative of their actual “constituents”. They’ve already made up their minds, and no pile of form letters is going to change that.

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I'm on the wacko list. I wrote to both of mine who are gun hating libtards. Fuck them both. At least I tried....is it tea party time yet?

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10894 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Just posted about 30 minutes ago

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37906 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
I emailed all 50 of them this morning and pointed out the R brand has gun rights as a core component and if they enact new laws they are betraying their base.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Yes, and I have told Cornyn he got his last vote from me.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

I’ll bet they really don’t care, especially since many of them are form letters that all you have to is push a button on a website, and it gets sent. Plus, a lot of them probably come from people outside of their state, so it’s not representative of their actual “constituents”. They’ve already made up their minds, and no pile of form letters is going to change that.

No, they do care. Remember, their real business is the getting re-elected business, so if they think a position will jeopardize that, they will flip flop like a fish out of water.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a very strict gun control policy: If there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. Clint Eastwood.

Posts: 12 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 28, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I think they've already made up their minds and will not even read what I send them.

But, I'm a firm believer that if I don't try, I don't have a right to bitch if something I don't like passes, so I contact them and give my opinion. Then if they go the wrong way, I'll find someone else to vote for.

I once did a contract job for a County Board of Supervisors. I was in the control room before, during and after their meeting and talked to a couple of them.

They made up their minds before they went to the meeting. The meeting was strictly to make people feel they were a part of the process and could influence it.

The supervisors' general feeling was that if you didn't like what they did, you'd vote them out. That's where they got their feedback.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post