SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Arizona members. What can you tell me about...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arizona members. What can you tell me about... Login/Join 
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted
Arizona SB 1122 which your governor just signed?

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2081 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Arizona SB 1122

Surprisingly our liberal media outlets haven't complained much about it...yet.

If you GOOGLE these search words you should come up with what I did. Proponents say it wasn't specifically meant to apply to firearms but to any personal property. Opponents say it's a back door around legislation that "closes the gun show loop hole."

https://www.nraila.org/article...the-senate-last-week

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Thanks! A friend who lives in AZ had emailed me that the AZ gov had just signed this bill and also included a short blurb by the Arizona Citizens Defense League. Since they appear to be some type of firearms advocacy group I was just curious as to what prompted this bill in the first place.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2081 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
It was a very close vote, probably right along party lines. We have either extreme right wing or extreme left wing lawmakers here. The Democrats have wanted background checks on any private party sales of firearms for sometime, IE online sites like backpage.com. Governor Ducey is a Republican.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a preemptive strike against the upcoming Bloomberg sponsored initiative requiring "universal" background checks. They also passed legislation requiring a strict set of new required standards for voter initiatives for being included on ballots.

Posts: 93 | Location: Arizona | Registered: March 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post