SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Recent Experience With Florida CWP?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recent Experience With Florida CWP? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
I have heard rumors -- repeat: RUMORS -- that Florida Secretary of Agriculture Nikki Fried (D) has caused CWP initial and / or renewal processing to slow way down, in many cases exceeding the statutory time limits.

These are rumors; I find it hard to believe that a) Governor DeSantis is permitting this, and b) that there is no stink being raised that would have reaped some publicity.

Have any of our Florida members had recent (in calendar year 2021) experience?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Renewed Hobe Sound walk-in, no wait on 3/10/21.

Posts: 81 | Location: Part of the 14th state that did not ratify to join the Union! | Registered: January 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rhpenn:

Renewed Hobe Sound walk-in, no wait on 3/10/21.
Yeah, that (no-wait) was the experience that my wife and I had for renewal in the Orlando office, but that was before Nikki Fried.

A friend who generally knows what he is talking about (FFL holder), told me that his son's paperwork has been on hold for way over the 90 day time, the son is being told "tough shit," and he claims that this is the current trend.

However, I would have expected the NRA and / or our Governor to raise a public stink if this is at all widespread, that's why I'm asking for recent experience.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Watching for
Falling Rocks
Picture of erratic
posted Hide Post
Section 120.60, Florida Statutes limits State agencies to 90 days to render a decision (issue or deny) on a complete application, and 30 days to request additional information if it isn't complete. If no decision is made in 90 days, the license is technically issued by default. There are no allowances granted to agencies for going beyond 120, F.S. timeframes due to staffing shortages, high volumes of applications, etc. unless you, the applicant, grant one. If it's been more than 90 days, I would declare that your application should be deemed complete and request issuance by default in writing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: erratic,

Posts: 858 | Location: North Florida Mountains | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
MI has a provision for this. Going by memory, if you turn in your renewal packet and paymen by the appropriate time (60-90 days prior?), the receipt and old license are good until the new permit arrives.

Posts: 7347 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I still keep my FL non-res permit current. I got it after Gov Doyle vetoed the WI bill twice.

I look at it as a money maker for FL. It’s an easy $125 or so for non-residents, no liability for the State.

Posts: 6154 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
My Florida permit lapsed because my local police Department wasn't doing fingerprints forever with covid. They're back to doing them and I just sent in a new application for my Fla permit, the website says they're running 50-55 days.

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
Saw yesterday that an additional 6 people were put on this special list..

Nikki Fried suspends 22 gun licenses of Floridians involved in Capitol riot

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...itol-riot/ar-AAMDov0

TALLAHASSEE, FL (WCTV) - Tuesday, Florida AG Commissioner Nikki Fried and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Division of Licensing announced the suspension of 22 gun licenses held by Floridians involved in the Jan. 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol.

a woman standing in front of a curtain: Tuesday, Florida AG Commissioner Nikki Fried and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Division of Licensing announced the suspension of 22 gun licenses held by Floridians involved in the Jan. 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol. © Provided by Tallahassee-Thomasville WCTV Tuesday, Florida AG Commissioner Nikki Fried and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Division of Licensing announced the suspension of 22 gun licenses held by Floridians involved in the Jan. 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol.

“The deeply disturbing events that occurred at our nation’s Capitol on January 6th were sedition, treason, and domestic terrorism – and those individuals involved in the insurrection must be held accountable for attempting to subvert our democratic process,” said Commissioner Fried in the press release. “Since charges began being filed, we are using our lawful authority to immediately suspend the licenses of 22 individuals involved in the storming of the U.S. Capitol. This is an ongoing effort, and as charges and sentences continue in the wake of this despicable attack, we will further suspend and revoke any additional licenses granted to insurrectionists.”

Pursuant to Section 790.0601, Florida Statutes, FDACS can neither confirm nor deny whether an individual has ever applied for or received a concealed weapon or firearm license, as this information is exempt from disclosure as a public record.

Copyright 2021 WCTV. All rights reserved.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a new member, this is my first post. I wouldn’t put too much stock in that rumor. I had let my permit lapse because we moved out of Florida. We moved back recently and I had to start over from scratch. That said, from the day I applied online I checked three days later and CCW had been approved. This was two weeks ago.

“Always do what’s right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest” – Albert Einstein

Posts: 25 | Location: Southeast  | Registered: October 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Wife received her Fla permit yesterday, took 2 weeks. I mailed mine in a day before her and checked the box to expedite for veteran status and mine's still processing.

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I applied first week of august, Santa Rosa county. Made an appointment online but in my county it’s never been a problem. Walked in no wait they took me in the back room. I filled out the form on their computer, nice lady fingerprinted me, scanned my Hunter safety card from California. I paid my fee and she sold me they have 90 days but most people get it back in 30. I was done in 15-20 minutes. I got it 3 weeks to the day in the mail.

My friend in IL has a FL non resident because he comes to visit his son. Got his renewal in less than 45 days. Took state of IL more than a year to renew

I have some friends in CA where ccw is actually obtainable and it’s 6 months to a year. Have to interview with law enforcement. Then if they like your good cause reason it’s more waiting. and then they can only have 3 guns listed on the permit.

Posts: 4752 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a few friends who got their license recently and didn't have any issue.

However, I am sure if she somehow gets the governorship, ccw permits will be a thing of the past. Too many liberals moving down here and voting the same way they did in their failed state.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post