SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Can't wait the the witch of Michigan starts her anti-gun Policy.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't wait the the witch of Michigan starts her anti-gun Policy. Login/Join 
posted
The Witch gives her State of the State in a couple
of weeks. This will be the being. Buy More AMMO.

Posts: 35 | Location: Marquette, Michigan 49855 | Registered: January 01, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
She's already announced her agenda: According to MCRGO they are: Storage mandates, extreme risk protection orders, and long gun registration.

Of course, long gun registration is merely groundwork to facilitate eventual "assault weapons" confiscation.

I can't wait for the storage mandates discussions in the legislature, being as that will impose a significant burden on one of the leftists' key demographics.

And we all know what "extreme risk protection orders" means: Guilty until proven innocent. Just like civil forfeiture.

My wife and I are already looking into leaving Michigan. Sad that it's come too this, but I won't live in a Midwest version of California.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whitmer gave her State of the State address, this evening. Gun control came along about 35 minutes into her speech. She is recommending home storage sanctions and "common sense" legislation-- the usual vague, unintelligible solutions to crime. She cited a huge increase in 3-D printed weapons and straw purchase violations in Michigan. She has a majority of enthusiastic, Democrat state legislators at her side. They rose to their feet and applauded each measure of her cheerleading. Beware the next two years.

Posts: 270 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I'm fine w/ them enforcing CURRENT laws for those who are doing straw purchases.
But she's going to have to toss lots of wimmins in jail, some w/ kids that want to keep their thug happy. You go Gretch. Put them all in jail and give the rest of us a break.

Or in typical Dem. fashion, she can follow the Zero administration not wanting to enforce these laws.
These Dems don't make no sense.

Posts: 7351 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:

These Dems don't make no sense.

Only when you don't know their true agenda. It isn't reducing crime. It isn't preventing accidents. It is elites with iron clad absolute control over the population.

Ending private gun ownership is a necessary step but isn't the end goal. If they could see a way to their true agenda without taking away guns they would do so. But it helps them solidify control by increasing crime, increasing fear, and having a defenseless disarmed population.

In that light their policies make perfect sense.

Posts: 9437 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
You only have to look at other “sophisticated” countries that have by and large disarmed the populace in the name of public safety. In the west, Australia, the UK, France come immediately to mind. It’s the model they want for the US.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Enforce what’s on the books!

An excerpt from a WILX news item about a recent conviction, three years for 40 straw purchases:

Even after being told by investigators that one of the guns he purchased was used to kill a child, he still later attempted to straw purchase and traffic another firearm to a person he knew was a felon.

Neither the state nor the Feds are going to get serious, penalties for straw purchases can be up to ten years and 250k yet he didn’t get anywhere close to that.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the main issue with gun crime-- prosecutors and judges with no guts for sentencing. If Whitmer has her way, folks keeping a loaded gun in their home for self defense will be charged as felons, should a burglar break in, steal the weapon and use it in the commission of a subsequent crime. "Safe storage" laws are the new frontier for harassing law abiding citizens.

Posts: 270 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
I'm sure we are all aware that there is 'assault' weapon ban legislation already in draft form in the Michigan legislature. Similar to what was just enacted in Illinois.

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 501 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whitmer is term limited and has her eyes on the White House. She was a contender for the VP slot given to Harris. She should realize that pushing a semi-auto ban in Michigan will cost her enormous popular support. Without a Michigan majority in place, Democrats would be foolish to invite her onto a 2024 presidential ticket. She would trash her political future in signing confiscation legislation.

posted Hide Post
Another cruel and senseless killing of unarmed citizens in a Weapons Free Zone, last night. The coward gunman took his own life when facing armed intervention. Our State will expect Whitmer to cite the usual suspects-- the authors of the Constitution and the National Rifle Association.