SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Texas State Rep wants to make it harder for gun owners to defend their homes.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas State Rep wants to make it harder for gun owners to defend their homes. Login/Join 
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted
Link

Texas state Rep. Terry Meza (D) introduced a bill that would make it harder for gun owners to use the state's "castle doctrine" against home invaders. The "castle doctrine" allows residents to use deadly force to protect their property. Meza's bill, HB 196, has already caused a lot of controversy and in a series of tweets on her Twitter account, she said it does not repeal the "castle doctrine," it only would "require a homeowner to exhaust the potential of safely retreating into their habitation before using deadly force in defense of themselves or their property." Meza says the reason why she introduced the bill is because the current doctrine "emboldens people to take justice into their own hands. While theft is obviously wrong, we have laws to address that. I don’t believe that stealing someone’s lawn ornament should be an offense punishable by death."

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’d love to tell this bitch that if “more people thought they might get shot stealing other people’s hard earned property, there’s be a lot less stealing going on”.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Not gonna happen.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Just "shoot 'em in the knee".

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Not gonna happen.

Yep, somebody forgot to tell this GDC that TX is still a fucking red state.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not gonna happen.

Posts: 6 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 22, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I call it 'California Lawyering" the belief that if attacked in your home you are supposed to run and hide and wait for help....

The belief and legal determination that a person should be secure in their home (castle) is not some new fangled law from the last couple of years. It has been around for centuries.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I’d love to tell this bitch that if “more people thought they might get shot stealing other people’s hard earned property, there’s be a lot less stealing going on”.
A further result/benefit is, roach by roach, getting rid of the one's stupid enough to do a home invasion.

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
In Texas this is one of those 'pro forma' kinda things. Someone like this idiot will keep a copy of a bill on their laptop and introduce it every year just to claim that they're 'fighting' for more gun control so they deserve some of that Everytown money. The chance of the Castle Doctrine being withdrawn in Texas lie somewhere between nonexistent and absurd.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post