SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    CCW Insurance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCW Insurance Login/Join 
posted
I'm a Florida resident that has my CCW permit and I'm thinking about getting insurance (USCCA, CCW Safe, US LawShield or anything else). What are you're thoughts?

Sig P365X w/ Holosun EPS CARRY MRS (Red), TP Threaded Barrel w/ Striker Micro Comp, MCARBO Short Stroke Flat Trigger, MC Titanium Performance Striker, MC Trigger Spring Kit, Night Fision Stealth Series OR Tritium Sights, NDZ Extended Mag Release, Gray Gun's Laser-Sculpted Grip Module

Posts: 50 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: April 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
quote:
USCCA

This works for me.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I grew up reading Sigforum
Picture of owenbright
posted Hide Post
I asked the same question a while ago and was referred to some existing discussions (very helpful).

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1020012024

This has relatively recent comparisons:
https://www.concealedcarry.com...e-programs-compared/

Posts: 1884 | Location: on the move | Registered: June 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nra-life-member:
quote:
USCCA

This works for me.

Me Too. You get a card with instructions and a number to call and they get a local attorney for you. Good value IMHO

allen conrad

Posts: 20 | Registered: October 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Long time Texas Law Shield member here.
I trust it is a great program and hope never to have to find out.

Posts: 22855 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USCCA here too

allen conrad

Posts: 20 | Registered: October 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Self Insured here and will continue with that.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
This article gives a pretty good side by side comparison between CCW Safe and USCCA. I don't know if the writer has a bias but it seems pretty even handed.

https://gununiversity.com/uscca-vs-ccw-safe/

Posts: 9454 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Read the policy. The actual policy. Make sure you understand what you are actually getting and what is covered.

I know insurance policies are boring, and can be hard to read, but you can't evaluate it unless you read it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gallo Pazzesco
posted Hide Post
There is some debate as to whether or not one service is also growing into a strong lobbying-arm representing our rights and the rights of its members ... while the other focuses more strictly upon the legal aspects after a shooting has occurred.

Which one is which is for others to decide but price is not always the key indicator.

I would look closely (which I did when I joined) at which service provides access to the absolute best pro-gun lawyers in your state (not your city or county or general area mind-you, but your entire state) and then I would make some calls to those law offices and ask about what said insurance promises to cover and what they actually will cover should the need arise.

Some of the answers may shock you. Others might serve to enlighten. It's fairly telling what some lawyers are willing to share when it comes to phone conversations and/or sit-down conversations. Some might tell you one thing, others something else.

We've had two well-known uses of a concealed weapon to prevent/fight back against a crime being perpetrated in this state ... both were defended by one of the services mentioned above (I believe strictly for promotional purposes at the time) and both were very successful. One happened in a barber shop and was caught on video, the other happened in an apartment complex during a forced entry and attempted rape and robbery. One is now being touted in commercials for one of the services above.

Problem is ... neither of the two cases were ever seriously in doubt and neither had issues with the local DA as to whether or not they were good shootings.

It's the ones that are not so clear cut that matter the most.

Posts: 104 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: September 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USCCA is a really great organization and My Wife and I are glad we joined.
Cp

U.S. Army Distinguished Pistol (2015)
12B/19D/79V

Posts: 12 | Location: OH | Registered: July 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see some cases where this kind of service contract (they are not insurance) has been really tested to see how they work in the real world.
Yes, I've heard about the lady suing USCCA, but show me some that worked or there was a clear cut case of failing to work.
Many people, here and elsewhere, talk about how great these are but how do you really know?
I suspect the answer is that people that carry legally and will use their time and money to buy such things are almost never involved in any sort of shooting, much less one that results in them being prosecuted (I'm talking regular citizens, not law enforcement).
Outside of that, most of these have never been tested and are basically just marketing themselves and collecting premiums, and the customers are doing their part as an act of wishful thinking and untested faith.

Posts: 9454 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gallo Pazzesco:
It's the ones that are not so clear cut that matter the most.

Yes, and if your "insurance" lawyers think you're guilty, they probably have a provision in the fine print which says they won't defend you in case it was a bad shoot.

Something to look into and think about.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys for posting this. Great info here...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of uvahawk
posted Hide Post
I realize that it may not apply to all, but for retired LEO under HR 218, CCW Safe is pretty solid. Also, as jhe888 advises, read the policy.

Posts: 153 | Location: Low Country, South Carolina | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I'd like to see some cases where this kind of service contract (they are not insurance) has been really tested to see how they work in the real world.
Yes, I've heard about the lady suing USCCA, but show me some that worked or there was a clear cut case of failing to work.
Many people, here and elsewhere, talk about how great these are but how do you really know?
I suspect the answer is that people that carry legally and will use their time and money to buy such things are almost never involved in any sort of shooting, much less one that results in them being prosecuted (I'm talking regular citizens, not law enforcement).
Outside of that, most of these have never been tested and are basically just marketing themselves and collecting premiums, and the customers are doing their part as an act of wishful thinking and untested faith.

I had this same thought. But am also curious how it goes for someone that doesn't have this insurance, what was their situation? Did they wish they had the CCW insurance.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

CCW Safe claims to be the only one of these services that has fully been put to the test. They defended a member clear through to a murder 1 trial where the the member was acquitted. The member did not pay a penny out of pocket for their services, which ran to about $350,000. They have videos with the member talking about it.

That is one reason I have CCW Safe. The other is I decided what legal problems I wanted protection from and their offering filled the bill the best of any of them. They are not cheap, however. I hope I never need them. But I also hope I don't have to use any of my insurance plans either. But the idea is to protect yourself against life-ruining financial loss AND stay out of prison.

Posts: 17 | Registered: August 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post