SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Recommendation on a sheriff in Wa. State for CCW from another state
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendation on a sheriff in Wa. State for CCW from another state Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
My understanding is that you can get a ccw for Wa. State from a sheriff if you have one in another state that Wa. recognizes.

Assuming most will do without to much drama. Some better than others. Eastern vs Western?????

Recommendations?

Thanks guys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
WA recognizes a number of other States, but having one does not automatically get you an WA license. Still have to go through the process.

Original issue requires an in person visit/fingerprinting. Online applications may be initiated, but you fill the info, and set an appt to come in.

No “resident/non-resident” differentiation in WA CPL (we call them “Concealed Pistol License”)

WA is a shall issue state, they must issue within 30 days, but if not a state resident they can take up to 60 days.

State sets the process, local agencies administer it. Out of state resident can apply at any police agency, but some cities may refuse a non-city resident and refer you to a county Sheriff.

Snohomish County (north of Seattle) is pro-CPL. They offer online applications to supply info and set appointment (still require visit for fingerprint for initial issue). They also offer visit-free online renewals (license is good for 5 years).

This is who I go to, first time I got my CPL from them, I had it less than a week after application.

SCSO link:

https://snohomishcountywa.gov/...aled-Pistol-Licenses

Almost all agencies do application by appointment, rare for them to do walk ins these days (maybe not the case in smaller or eastern WA. Agencies)

State info here:

https://www.dol.wa.gov/profess...ealed-pistol-license

Once you decide on where you are thinking, check the agencies website or give them a call.

If you come this way, gimme a holler and I’ll take to lunch.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks Boss. I appreciate it. That is what I was wanting to know.

I will hit you up when heading to ynotw.

Thank you.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post