SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Michigan Capitol Commission to discuss limits on firearms
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michigan Capitol Commission to discuss limits on firearms Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted
On Monday, the Michigan Capitol Commission has on their agenda a discussion on firearms in the Capitol building and on Capitol Square. This i sin response to recent protests at our Capitol

Link to the agenda here .

I have participated in rallies at the Michigan Capitol for years in which firearms have been openly carried. The most that has ever been asked is that people be careful to not damage the walls or woodwork with the muzzles of their firearms. Unfortunately some bad actors at last weeks protest against our governor ordered lockdown made international news and this is the first step in banning firearms on Capitol grounds.

A nicely worded note to the members and to your legislator (if a Michigan resident) may help in restraint. Thanks.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting about this, Brad.

Those photos have been seen around the world.

I've been getting comments from Europe and Asia.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did the "bad actors" commit any crimes? I have not heard of any violence, property damage, vandalism or associated arrests. I saw pictures of what looked like yelling at the police officers and getting "in their faces" which I don't condone.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post