SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    What did you photograph today?
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you photograph today? Login/Join 
Picture of KJacques
posted Hide Post
Quick moving storm that caught a plane load of skydivers by surprise. Ominous enough from the ground and terrifying from the air to see below you. Looked like it was hiding the arrival of the mothership. Taken with my little iPhone instamatic.

Posts: 578 | Registered: June 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

Hendrix by Lone-Rider, on Flickr

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Total mis-match WWII bring back shooter, Nazi proof marks.

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
A couple shots from the garden today. Taken with E-M1 and Helios 44M-4 58mm f/2

Helios2 by Lone-Rider, on Flickr

Helios by Lone-Rider, on Flickr

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Ironically Boss I took a picture of our Clematis yesterday.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Time for Strawberries!

Berries by Lone-Rider, on Flickr

I would like to learn how you get these effects in some of your photos 911Boss. Maybe my cameras wouldn't even do this. Or it's how you are editing? The colors almost don't seem real. Very nice sir.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted Hide Post

I bought a camera to capture some of the beautiful moments we experience when sailing in south florida. Most of my pictures have been panoramic shots of water, sight, etc. This is an attempt at a close up.

Posts: 2736 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Time for Strawberries!

Berries by Lone-Rider, on Flickr

I would like to learn how you get these effects in some of your photos 911Boss. Maybe my cameras wouldn't even do this. Or it's how you are editing? The colors almost don't seem real. Very nice sir.

Thanks for the compliment.

There really wasn't much done to the above picture. The planter is in my front yard and was being hit with light as the sun came up. The brightness and angle of the sun made for wonderful natural lighting, and the still low angle helped with shadows. The shot was taken with a Fisheye lens giving it the distorted look. The lens of the camera was literally about two and a half inches away from the two red berries right of center.

As far was processing, I used Photoshop and adjusted some settings (sharpness, saturation, HDR toning, contrast) until it just "looked" right to me. All total, probably no more than about 10 minutes work.

Photoshop lets you boost colors and bring out details. My edit is much more vivid than what the camera initially captured, yet it more closely represents what my eyes perceived at the time. The flat 2D image from the camera needs some tweaking to represent the rich color and textures of a 3D image. Our eyes can see a much broader dynamic range than any camera can capture, the edits in Photoshop help to try and recreate what we see. Some folks say working it that much makes it "fake", but the detail is there and just need to be massaged to match the experience.

To me, it looks good, but I also a couple of things that I could have done better. The top of the upper level of the planter is cut off and if I hadn't framed quite so tight I could have rotated it just a hair clockwise to level it up a touch.

Here is the untouched, out of camera image.

OMD11183 by Lone-Rider, on Flickr

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Its awesome! Even the farm image you posted brings up such color it almost appears comic like, for lack of a better term. I have seen the fish eye lenses. Thank you again.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Its awesome! Even the farm image you posted brings up such color it almost appears comic like, for lack of a better term. I have seen the fish eye lenses. Thank you again.

I "cooked" the farm one quite a bit more. While the strawberry one was a single exposure, the barn shot began as an HDR (High Dynamic Range) compilation of five separate frames ranging from under exposed to over exposed. I wanted it to have a more surreal look so I greatly exaggerated the colors and sharpening.

Here are the original, straight out of camera (SOOC) source images:

BarnRange by Lone-Rider, on Flickr

And the result:

SnohoSunsetHDR by Lone-Rider, on Flickr

Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
"PSST, Whatcha doin???"

QuinnCU by Lone-Rider, on Flickr

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Its a cool process 911Boss. I would like to do this. Got some learning to do though.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What would soncorn do?
Picture of soncorn
posted Hide Post

100% Crop

Provia 100F 6x7.

Developing and scan by North Coast photo. I am pretty happy with their work and turnaround time. Just getting back into film after several years away.

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Posts: 1387 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: October 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post
Bam!

US Army, Retired
NRA Golden Eagle Life Member

‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’

— Patrick Henry

Posts: 576 | Location: Near Lake Anna, Virginia | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Two "pimp-mobiles"/trout lures:

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
A couple of things in our garden...

Strawberry by Lone-Rider, on Flickr

QuinnsSpot by Lone-Rider, on Flickr

Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
Soak in the Sun by nathan512, on Flickr

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post