SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Lights or no lights on mini edc guns

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lights or no lights on mini edc guns Login/Join 
posted
I suspect this question has been asked previously but nothing came up in my search. I just picked up a p365xl w romeozero. I had been carrying a Shield with a TLR-6. I know Tactical Development makes a nice adapter rail, and there are holsters to support the rail with several lights, I’m curious how many Of you with smaller guns are carrying lights. I’ve taken some comfort in having a light to date but I don’t recall being in a location where it was too dark to see at edc distances. I’d welcome your thoughts.

Posts: 3 | Location: Savannah, GA | Registered: July 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Many will suggest carrying a mini hand held flashlight instead of weapon mounted. Holster issue resolved.

Posts: 10342 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
This. I’m all for WML on pistols. You won’t hear me repeating the silly “violates safety rules”nonsense.

But on an EDC, it’s job is to get me out of trouble and to safety, no search for gunman in the dark. I can do any self defense scenario that pops up with a G19 and Surefire Stiletto.

www.opspectraining.com

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011

Posts: 34253 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My home defense pistol has a light, but not my EDC gun.
Regardless of size, I dont add bulk to, or complicate my holster gun.
I carry a high lumen tactical flashlight always.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 10630 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adding to Jerry’s comments; from a civilian engagement perspective, I can’t think of a single time that I have been anywhere that It was so dark I think I would have needed a weapon light, that I wouldn’t already have my handheld light deployed.

My house gun has a light.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2063 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post