SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Punisher drops on Nov 17. Netflix
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Punisher drops on Nov 17. Netflix Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Finished it last night. I enjoyed it. I'll go back and watch Daredevil next.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished today and enjoyed it big time. I'm looking for the next season and the appearance of the character Jigsaw.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife and I finished it today and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had some minor qualms with some of the political stuff but that's to be expected this day and age.

The plot was a little straightforward. The writers give away their political leanings in the first part of the first episode with the stereotypical gun nut vet. That informed most of the rest of the season. The bad guy was obviously CIA and the gov't contractor was clearly dirty, pretty standard tropes.

Still great though. I think they had to drag out the punishing part because 13 hours of running and gunning would be a bit much. It could have been tightened up and been 9-10 episodes instead of 13. That would have allowed for a higher percentage of punishing.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
The wife and I just finished it, with every thing else going on it took 4 days. Frank did get all Punishee towards the end!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I've gotten through three or four episodes of the Punisher. For some reason, I feel like it's slow going. Am I expecting too much too soon?

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While it's not really a high bar, I'd have to say that Berenthal is the best Punisher so far. But Thomas Jane wasn't bad. Especially his side project with Hellboy.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I just binged it and enjoyed it. I agree that this series/season could have been 10 or 11 episodes but it was a good time.

I'd guess they'll do another season.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
Wife and I finished it today and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had some minor qualms with some of the political stuff but that's to be expected this day and age.

The plot was a little straightforward. The writers give away their political leanings in the first part of the first episode with the stereotypical gun nut vet. That informed most of the rest of the season. The bad guy was obviously CIA and the gov't contractor was clearly dirty, pretty standard tropes.

Still great though. I think they had to drag out the punishing part because 13 hours of running and gunning would be a bit much. It could have been tightened up and been 9-10 episodes instead of 13. That would have allowed for a higher percentage of punishing.

The fact the Karen was pro-gun and she’s an important female lead says something. They also portray the anti-gun politician as a complete cowardly blowhard.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:

The fact the Karen was pro-gun and she’s an important female lead says something. They also portray the anti-gun politician as a complete cowardly blowhard.

Yeah, I generally thought both 'sides' had their representation. The blow-hard anti-gun politician and his "Please don't shoot anyone, it sends the wrong message...." was pretty amusing to me.

I'm really looking forward to another season. I'm glad they didn't pull any punches with this, and Frank going "Full Punisher" is everything I would have hoped it would be!

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Just finished it last night.
Wow!
I'm a big fan so far. The story was great and I really, really cared about the main characters as they did a great job with the development.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
We just finished it and enjoyed it.
Though I do have to say I felt at times I was watching Person of Interest Reduxed with much more gratuitous violence. Micro and Frank = Finch and John
Yeah, I know he is the Punisher and that is the point but felt the Rawlings death and Russo on the Carosel did not need to be that graphic. I’ll admit I am a wuss when it comes to that stuff in film for some reason.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wife's obsession with Punisher continues. She has several themed presents under the tree and we are currently working through Daredevil season 2 just so she can get more.

She told me last night if we have a son one day, she wants to name him Frank...

I have a feeling we'll be watching this one again.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
That's good and bad for you

On the plus side, you get to watch cool stuff

On the down side...do NOT piss her off

quote:
The wife's obsession with Punisher continues. She has several themed presents under the tree and we are currently working through Daredevil season 2 just so she can get more.

She told me last night if we have a son one day, she wants to name him Frank...

I have a feeling we'll be watching this one again.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I watched Punisher series first, then Daredevil.
I was happy to see the Punisher appear in the Daredevil series and found myself enjoying rooting for the Punisher to kick the Daredevil's ass,what a wimp!

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
....Russo on the Carosel did not need to be that graphic.

It's a puzzle, isn't it? Big Grin Wink

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I was a big Punisher fan from the 80's and 90's. I have not really liked any of the movies so I was pretty ho hum about the new series. I have not watched DD either.

I just finished the 2nd episode of punisher and I am liking it a whole lot more than I thought I would. Welcome back Frank.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
....Russo on the Carosel did not need to be that graphic.

It's a puzzle, isn't it? Big Grin Wink

Wink I see what you did there. Season 2 is going to be awesome!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Just finished the season this weekend. I loved the show.

I liked that it wasn't all 100% action, they set up the characters and the story. Going all Punisher on Rawlins was pretty frickin' satisfying.

Cant wait for season 2

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:

Wink I see what you did there.

THANK GOD!!!! I was like “This is SIGforum!!! SOMEBODY had to get that!!!”

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post