SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite Jimmy Buffett song...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Jimmy Buffett song... Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Can't forget this classic. Big Grin

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I think his live album 'You had to be there' is one of my all time favorites. Excellent.
If I could only pick one, 'He Went to Paris'.
Reminds me not to judge someone too quickly. Life, and circumstances, can change quickly.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Another vote for "Pirate". I've never seen him in concert, maybe I'll still get a chance.

I've never met him but he did stop into see a friend that was entertaining at a Key West hotel while I was there. She had met him earlier and he told her he'd come see her perform, she said he was really fun to chat with.

There's another story where he took his Boston Whaler out to help a distressed boater. The fellow was shocked that it was him, he didn't play it up at all. That was on Long Island where he has/had a home.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
In no particular order:

Margaritaville
Volcano
Son of a Son of a Sailor
Cheeseburger in Paradise
A Pirate Looks at 40

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
A Pirate Looks At Forty is my all time favorite. I used to sing it to my daughter as I put her to bed, along with a few others. She found a baby lullaby CD a while back of Jimmy Buffet music and it was in there, so that's what my grandsons both hear for sleepy time.
My daughter went to Atlanta to a Buffet concert the day the space shuttle exploded in reentry over Texas. I'll never forget the day or that concert.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Last Mango in Paris

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depending on my mood and what is going on in my life at the time, I could second most of the ones already mentioned (other than Cheeseburger, that one never grabbed me for some reason).

I'll add to the list:
The Captain and the Kid
Havana Daydreamin'
On a Slow Boat to China

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Since I haven't seen it mentioned yet:

The Ballad of Spider John

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Without a doubt, my favorite is "It's my job". I try to live my life that way.

Others that mean a lot to me are:
We are the people our parents warned us about
Floridays
Ellis Dee (goes way back "Before the salt").
12 Volt Man
Incommunicado
and I just plain like "Fruitcakes"

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So many good ones but when I was going through a divorce, the one that always hit home was "If the phone doesn't ring, it's me. "

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes" for me.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
I just plain like "Fruitcakes"

I just listened to "Fruitcakes" from his live album Big Grin..."there's a little bit of fruitcake left in everyone of us" Razz

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coast of Marsailles and Lovely Cruise

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder Why We Ever Go Home
Ranch Deluxe from the Rancho Deluxe soundtrack
Come Monday
Livingston's Gone to Texas
Plus all the others

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
A different kind of love song

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stories we could tell

Guns-I have some

Posts: 213 | Location: missouri | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
After the birth of my daughter...

Little Miss Magic

For me, One Particular Harbor.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
Woman Going Crazy on Caroline Street. Reminds me of a long weekend in Key West several years ago.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Way back when, this one was really popular at the Long Branch in Livingston. I think they wore out the .45 on the juke box several times.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Buffett does a great show.

I can sing along to nearly all of his songs so I'll just contribute the one I was singing last night with my kids.

Jolly Mon Sing

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post