SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bands/Artists You’ve Seen More Than Once
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bands/Artists You’ve Seen More Than Once Login/Join 
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Years ago, I worked with a guy who was a hardcore Deadhead. He saw them some ridiculous number like 67 times. I just want to know whose music you liked well enough to see him/her/them at least twice.

Here are mine:

Los Lobos;
Steve Earle;
Emmylou Harris;
Samantha Fish;
Michael Martin Murphey;
Doyle Bramhall II;
JD McPherson;
Rolling Stones
ZZ Top

Grateful Dead over 100 times. Too much fun.
Phish around 25 times
Rolling Stones 6 times.
Dylan 5 times
Then dozens of bands seen once or twice.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
U2
Sting
Police

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

That's a good show and taping quality. It's cool that you were there.

I wasn't there, but I did see them in '93 as well as was similarly impressed. Been a fan ever since...

the cool thing was -- they had the sound definitely -- they were 'tight'

but there was no 'production' -- just the raw new music. it was amazing especially jamming / experiencing a band that was 'THAT GOOD' that maybe I had heard one song -- I might have heard 'Sober' at that point. Maybe not.

Mid-day Hawaii. North Shore. Rock Music festival. At least a half gallon of cold beer down. I swear I think I had just gotten a paper plate of teriyaki steak and rice at a food kiosk to 'fuel up' for the subsequent acts. But they started jamming and I had to wolf down that food than head to the pit. If you hear the intro at about 40 secs in -- it sets the tone unlike any 'opening act' I have ever heard.

We were young Combat Arms Arms officers stationed with the 25th Infantry at Schofield Barracks. Kids. Fit. Energetic. The music spoke to us. It was unreal.

I will never forget it.

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kansas x3
Three dog Night x5
Foreigner x2
Eddie Money x2
Grass Roots x2

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Stones
Dead
Joe Walsh
Eagles
J Browne

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
quote:
Years ago, I worked with a guy who was a hardcore Deadhead. He saw them some ridiculous number like 67 times. I just want to know whose music you liked well enough to see him/her/them at least twice.

You’re a hippy, ain’t ya Big Grin

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mboroman:
Pat Benatar x 5.

Seen her and Neil 3x now, we have front row for a 4th (if it doesn't get cancelled)

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
quote:

You’re a hippy, ain’t ya Big Grin

Nope. Actually with my short haircut I was often asked at shows if I was a cop. I just love the music, and I have a very diverse taste including jazz and classical. The live scene was pretty damn fun though.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Fair enough

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The sad thing is that I should have taken advantage of concerts of the past.
They were better.
They were younger and in their prime.
AND they were cheaper!
Ticket prices Under $20 and now OMG!
I don't blame the old folks getting paid now days but damn it has inflated ALOT more than any increase in a performance.
It's a shame but I am selective now.
YMMV

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
They were better.
AND they were cheaper!
I don't blame the old folks getting paid now days but damn it has inflated ALOT more than any increase in a performance.
YMMV

I pretty much no longer go to big shows in the big arenas, and I WON’T go to a stadium show. There’s lots of good music out there, reasonably priced; and I don’t mean just local bands. Especially true of artists on the rise, and name acts that aren’t getting air play, and they don’t have to be very old for that to happen.

posted Hide Post
Jimmy Buffett - multiple times since early 90s.
.38 Special - 2-3 concerts early 90s.
Elton John - at least four, including the tour with Billy Joel
Billy Joel - At least three, including with EJ
Trans Siberian Orchestra - twice, so far.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
They were better.

If you look at my list on the first page, the vast majority are from the 80s. I have only been to two rock concerts in the last 10 years; a very old looking Fleetwood Mac when Christine McVie returned (free ticket), and Electric Light Orchestra a couple of years ago, who haven't toured the U.S. in several decades, one of my only bucket list gigs. Right now I have no real interest in any concerts.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGlord
posted Hide Post
Kraftwerk: Twice on the same night. Instead of having a second show either the day before or after, they played a second different set that same night.

Ministry - 5X
Pet Shop Boys - 4x
Nine Inch Nails - 5x
Meat Beat Manifesto - 4x
Skinny Puppy - 4x
Rob Zombie - 4x
Phantogram - 4x
Drab Majesty - 3x
Charli XCX - 3x
Front 242 - 4x
Front Line Assembly - 3x
Rush - 3x
KMFDM - 4x
Lords of Acid - 3x
Thrill Kill Kult - 3x
Depeche Mode - 5x
Nitzer Ebb - 3x
New Order - 3x
The Cure - 4x

I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Posts: 405 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
George Strait: I've seen him the most, I think 5 times a really great show was in Dallas, TX on a New Year's Eve back in the early 90's.
Waylon Jennings: Waylon 3 times. One time in LA he had a surprise guest, Johnny Cash, what a treat that was. Man do I miss both those guys.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGlord:
Kraftwerk: Twice on the same night. Instead of having a second show either the day before or after, they played a second different set that same night.

Ministry - 5X
Pet Shop Boys - 4x
Nine Inch Nails - 5x
Meat Beat Manifesto - 4x
Skinny Puppy - 4x
Rob Zombie - 4x
Phantogram - 4x
Drab Majesty - 3x
Charli XCX - 3x
Front 242 - 4x
Front Line Assembly - 3x
Rush - 3x
KMFDM - 4x
Lords of Acid - 3x
Thrill Kill Kult - 3x
Depeche Mode - 5x
Nitzer Ebb - 3x
New Order - 3x
The Cure - 4x

I saw a bunch of those, myself. Love the oldies (Meat Beat, 242, Nitzer Ebb, Ministry, KMFDM, etc.)

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
They were better.
AND they were cheaper!
YMMV

I pretty much no longer go to big shows in the big arenas, and I WON’T go to a stadium show. There’s lots of good music out there, reasonably priced; and I don’t mean just local bands. Especially true of artists on the rise, and name acts that aren’t getting air play, and they don’t have to be very old for that to happen.

I missed a lot of shows back in the day simply cause the local record shops did not put every band on the board (most had a chalkboard with upcoming tours) and if you went to the retailers that sold ticketmaster, they usually did not have the time to tell you,

bigger venues, like Wolftrap and Merriweather Post , would send out flyers or calendars with the artists listed,

I found out about the Clash in DC the week after, and DEVO the month after,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ministry - 5X
Pet Shop Boys - 4x
Nine Inch Nails - 5x
Meat Beat Manifesto - 4x
Skinny Puppy - 4x
Rob Zombie - 4x
Phantogram - 4x
Drab Majesty - 3x
Charli XCX - 3x
Front 242 - 4x
Front Line Assembly - 3x
Rush - 3x
KMFDM - 4x
Lords of Acid - 3x
Thrill Kill Kult - 3x
Depeche Mode - 5x
Nitzer Ebb - 3x
New Order - 3x
The Cure - 4x

I would love to see Phantogram,

as well as
Goldfrapp,
Portishead,
and
Zero 7,

Theivery Corp was in town last fall and I missed that show,
high school buddy went, and loved it,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I finally saw Portishead (several years ago now).

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ministry - 5X
Pet Shop Boys - 4x
Nine Inch Nails - 5x
Meat Beat Manifesto - 4x
Skinny Puppy - 4x
Rob Zombie - 4x
Phantogram - 4x
Drab Majesty - 3x
Charli XCX - 3x
Front 242 - 4x
Front Line Assembly - 3x
Rush - 3x
KMFDM - 4x
Lords of Acid - 3x
Thrill Kill Kult - 3x
Depeche Mode - 5x
Nitzer Ebb - 3x
New Order - 3x
The Cure - 4x

we have similar tastes.

I saw Skinny Puppy supporting Too Dark Park and it was very intense. I had to step out for a moment. There were people lining the halls outside of the auditorium also taking a break from it. Some were sitting, rocking back and forth. Others were weeping. Nitzer Ebb and Thrill Kill were two of my favorites in the 90s.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post