New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Illusionist Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
The GF and I watched The Illusionist last night; it was her time to pick. What an excellent movie. The setting is early 1900's Vienna. Check it out.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I liked it.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed this movie and I think that the Prestige, another turn of the century magician movie, came out around the same time. It was really good too.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3534 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I really enjoyed this movie and I think that the Prestige, another turn of the century magician movie, came out around the same time. It was really good too.

Agreed. I find both movies enjoyable and worthy of watching every 1-3 years.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen The Prestige and enjoyed it immensely.
Will give The Illusionist a try.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ Just the reverse here.

I'll be checking out The Prestige tonight.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Agree. Both movies came at the same time. Both excellent. Definitely worth your time

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12110 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
When we first put it on I didn't think I'd like it but I was very wrong. An excellent movie and I think Edward Norton is under rated.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I've seen The illusionist and The Prestige. Enjoy both movies.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
The actor that plays the crown Prince is excellent. So is Paul Giamotti.
It was a sleeper of a movie.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3865 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Will watch it tonight. Thanks for the tip. I now have a LONG list of movies, thanks to the other thread.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Yeah, me too. I printed out f2's selections and will be checking them out. I've watched a whole lot of flicks and have only heard of two of them. I have great respect for his judgment and taste.

Be sure to watch both of these excellent movies to the end -- they can be a little hard to follow at times. No spoilers, but think of The Usual Suspects.