SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Dr Strange is on Netflix already.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr Strange is on Netflix already. Login/Join 
posted
Watched it last night, OK movie, acting was good, but the special effects were very distracting. I'm glad I didn't pay to see it in the theater.

Posts: 170 | Registered: March 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I watched it on VUDU with the kids literally the night before it hit Netflix. Frown

We thought it was pretty good.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Don't pay money to watch new films. Almost all of it is crap.

Posts: 107590 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ichi-go ichi-e
Picture of Underworld2086
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Don't pay money to watch new films. Almost all of it is crap.

The new guardians of the galaxy was pretty good.

Posts: 696 | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Watching movies in the theater made sense when televisions were small and shitty. The only reason to go these days, is that you want to see it RIGHT NOW. That's not really a great reason, particularly with the high possibility of a movie being somewhere between average, and shit.

Currently, the cost of an outing to a movie theater, plus dealing with other people, means I won't be going to the movies in a long, long time.

I do enjoy movies though.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Direkt
posted Hide Post
I should stop drinking while reading SIG Forum. It took me several minutes to figure out why people were talking about a 53 year old Stanley Kubrick film as if it were a "new release" and was replete with distracting special effects. Big Grin

Posts: 461 | Location: South Jordan, UT | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Arc you need to find a better theater.

Our favorite theater has reasonably priced matinees and if you wait a week or two after a movie comes out we often almost have the place to ourselves. Very pleasant experience. I've enjoyed lots of movies in recent years.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:

Our favorite theater has reasonably priced matinees and if you wait a week or two after a movie comes out we often almost have the place to ourselves. Very pleasant experience. I've enjoyed lots of movies in recent years.

Same. Let the film breathe a few weeks. My theater has recliners that are excellent. I use $8 Costco passes to get in. Works for me until 4k projectors become affordable. Then it's bye.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:

Same. Let the film breathe a few weeks. My theater has recliners that are excellent. I use $8 Costco passes to get in. Works for me until 4k projectors become affordable. Then it's bye.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...-uhd60-4k-projector/

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Dr Strange had a Strange accent.
Should have let him speak in Brit Talk.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2259 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post