SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Carl Reiner has died and I don't care
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carl Reiner has died and I don't care Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Seems it's just too easy to be mean...

I liked him ... never heard or cared about his political views... mine are mine his is his...

He was great on Two and a Half men....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Seems it's just too easy to be mean...
And, of course, that is the only reason to speak the plain truth- cruelty. Right?

Tell me, Blume- do feel its proper for you to be held accountable for your own words and actions? It seems to me that any rational person will answer 'yes' to this question. Fell free to tell me if your answer is any different.

Assuming that you do feel you should be held accountable, certainly you would apply the same standard to others.

Does death alter the meaning or significance of the words or actions of a person from when they were living? Should we give someone a pass, merely because they have followed the inevitable course of all living things?

If Carl Reiner was still alive and his name came up in the forum, would it be inappropriate for someone to criticize the man for his own words?

Why, then, should it be any different after his death?

If a convicted murderer is executed by the state for his crimes, does his transcendence of this life grant him sainthood? Should people cease condemning his crimes once he dies?

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
He sure raised an ass of a son.

I was perusing the family history and the grandson Nick was, I suppose still is, a drug addict.

There are many controversies about addiction. The problem is complex. A philosophy of hedonism, which seems to be the default mode for haters of Trump and conservatives, cannot be helpful. I opine that Moses will not be pleased to meet Carl.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post