SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Turned 30 Years Old on 12/1/2019
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Turned 30 Years Old on 12/1/2019 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
"SQUIRREL!"

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
One of them my wife tells me almost every day:
"you couldn't hear a dump truck driving through a nitro glycerin plant"

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
By far my favorite "funny" Christmas movie! Big Grin

I don't even recall this being a big movie when it came out in 1989...

I saw this movie in the theater with a friend and his mom. I was ten years old. To this day I have yet to laugh that hard in a movie theater. I remember that movie experience vividly.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
A local theater is showing it next week. Thinking of trying to talk the wife into going with me. We have the Blu-ray and watch it every year, but something about seeing it on the big screen really excites me.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The mockery of the 1980's Yuppies was one of the best parts of this movie I thought.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Look Rusty: no lines.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

I don't even recall this being a big movie when it came out in 1989, I was 17 years old and a regular movie goer at the time. I think it's one of those movies that was a dud when it came out but over time became a beloved, cult classic.

I was 15, saw in the theatre, and loved it.

The box office numbers were strong:
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/...l2454423041/weekend/

Other newly released movies it competed with were Back to the Future II and War of the Roses.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Look Rusty: no lines.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Don’t piss me off Art!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Remember seeing this in the theater. We laughed so hard!

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Clark : Since this is Aunt Bethany's 80th Christmas, I think she should lead us in the saying of Grace.

Aunt Bethany : [turns to Lewis] What, dear?

Nora Griswold : Grace!

Aunt Bethany : Grace? She passed away thirty years ago.

Uncle Lewis : They want you to say Grace.

[Bethany shakes her head in confusion]

Uncle Lewis : The BLESSING!

Aunt Bethany : [they all pose for prayer] I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Clark : Amen.

posted Hide Post
Is it bad that my 4 and 6 years olds go around saying; "why is the carpet all wet todd?" "I don't know margo!"

Wife and I have matching sweaters with that on it.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Has been a Christmas classic in my home for years! Love it!! "fixed the nule post!" The list goes on and on!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
I spotted this holiday display in rural Butler County, PA.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post