SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Lemme Have A Diablo Sandwich, A Dr. Pepper And Make It Fast!"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Lemme Have A Diablo Sandwich, A Dr. Pepper And Make It Fast!" Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
So I was watching Smokey And The Bandit the other night at the hotel (man I LOVE that movie..) and the scene where Sheriff Justice ordered the sandwich got me wondering. What exactly is a "diablo sandwich"? Looking around the internet there seems to be many takes on it but this one explanation I found had some good detective work in it. I bet he is really close!

Anyone here ever been to an Old Hickory House restaurant? (Wish I could get some good BBQ at those old menu prices!)

I admit I have ordered my Trappey's Mexi-Pep (I love trying new hot sauces anyway..) and in the next few weeks I'll probably smoke some pork for pulling. Just got to find some cane sugar Dr. Pepper and I'm all set!

Here is a link to the forum discussion:

"Diablo & Doc"

And of course, since it is the Lair, here is the scene:

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe pulled chicken with hot sauce. Just a guess. Thanks for posting. I like that movie

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Customer: I want a rubber band sandwich.
Waitress: A rubber band sandwich?
Customer: Yes, and make it snappy.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Have you ever heard of a wish sandwich?

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
A bit of 'net research and it seems that Shadeone is the closest to the movie. The sloppy joe offerings are clearly bunk.

Pulled pork between buns with a spicy BBQ sauce.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Have you ever heard of a wish sandwich?

why yes I have

it's when you have TWO pieces of bread and WISH you had some meat

boww boww bowww

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KurtZ66
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
A bit of 'net research and it seems that Shadeone is the closest to the movie. The sloppy joe offerings are clearly bunk.

Pulled pork between buns with a spicy BBQ sauce.

Agreed. Here's the link: http://forums.roadfood.com/Dia...ntified-m778897.aspx

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Posts: 413 | Location: GA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post