SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Das Boot reboot.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Das Boot reboot. Login/Join 
Picture of Ken226
posted
I've been in Munich the past 2 weeks and keep seeing commercials for a Das Boot remake. It looks like Sky Ostereich, in Germany is making it.

Im wondering if we will be able to get it in the US. It looks like its going to be
a series or mini-series.

https://youtu.be/mZrL-JAmhVw

https://youtu.be/XY1X6Z708aA

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Das Boot is a great movie. Tey might as well do a remake of Citizen Kane.

I hate remakes. It's usually the industry trying to make money without producing anything new. Before I see a remake I wanna see a half-dozen wonderful reviews and an IMDb rating of 7.0 or greater.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Let me guess, this go-around will feature a crew peppered with cerebral, selfless Muslim immigrants and Samuel L. Jackson.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Das [re]Boot. Wink

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
It's not a reboot, it's a TV series sequel taking off from the point of the movie.
I believe the first season is already aired, and a second season is on the way. Supposedly can be found in the US on Hulu.

And the IMDB score is a 7.2
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5830254/

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
It's not a reboot, it's a TV series sequel taking off from the point of the movie.
I believe the first season is already aired, and a second season is on the way. Supposedly can be found in the US on Hulu.

It's worth trying. I have Hulu on my PS3, so i'll look for it when i get back home.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Watched a thing on Netflix about the U-455. They said that 3/4 of the German Submariners were lost a sea.

Posts: 11165 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
I initially thought they were adapting Lothar-Günter Buchheim's sequel "Die Festung" and was flabbergasted when I heard it was a "re-Boot". Haven't seen it yet, but it seems they carry on with a new sub after sinking the original U-96 with all hands in the first five minutes of the series, and there are in fact elements of "Die Festung". Half of the plot seems to happen ashore in Cherbourg with the French Resistance infiltrating the Kriegsmarine. ISTR there was already some vague allegation in the novel "Das Boot" that the narrator's French fuck interest was an informer for the Resistance.

Posts: 2416 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Just watched the original yesterday- great movie. I’ll definitely give the series a shot since I’m nor hearing any nay-says from the always trusted SF community.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Das [re]Boot. Wink

Der Neustart!

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken226:
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:

It's worth trying. I have Hulu on my PS3, so i'll look for it when i get back home.

I couldn't find it on Hulu, but did find something indicating Amazone Prime might run it sometime in the future. I'm hoping its true.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Is nothing sacred a damn TV Series!!!Cannot wait for the musical.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2259 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
You rang?

Okay, it's actually a double feature music video, with the second part also referencing "The Land that Time Forgot".

Posts: 2416 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Boat re-boat? Big Grin

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Anyone ever hear of this techno group from Germany?

When I got to Germany in December 1991 with the Army, this song was HUGE:

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Watched a thing on Netflix about the U-455. They said that 3/4 of the German Submariners were lost a sea.

And, never was a shortage of volunteers.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post