SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Wait 'til you get to my teeth"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Wait 'til you get to my teeth" Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted
Loving a Bond film week with zero digital effect or CGI.

Since I watched in a few months back, I'm skipping On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969) but it was always was a favorite for its natural look. Plus Diana Rigg totally shines with life. There may have been "blue screen" but I do not know. There was an extra on the dvd version I had with a great exposé on Rigg.

Her off-screen charm reminds me of Julie Andrews (James Garner was quoted as saying that film was the favorite he ever worked; Julie trumps race cars!). Although to be fair to JG, he was happily married his whole life (Lois Clarke 1956–2014)

https://americantoolbox.files...._and_family_1961.jpg

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Wow! I forgot how good Diamonds Are Forever (1971) was. Have not seen it in forever, maybe 25 years? Now I want my own Bambi and Thumper.

Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I too like Diamonds are Forever. All the girls were hot, Plenty, Tiffany, Bambi, Thumper, etc.

What always tickles me is Jimmy Dean's performance. Especially since he's on his own sausage commercials even today. Creepy!

Imagine if Blofeld was in the sausage business.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Can't say I'm a big Diamonds fan but I love Thunderball. Might be my favorite Connery film. (Hard to choose between Dr. No, Goldfinger, and From Russia with Love.)

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Can't say I'm a big Diamonds fan but I love Thunderball.
I'm into authentic locations and liked the Elrod House, Palm Springs. The movie was filmed in the USA, Holland, Germany, England, and Pinewood Studios / UK.

The canalside apartment of Tiffany Case (Jill St John) is on the third floor of Reguliersgracht 36.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elrod_House