SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bird Box on Netflix.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bird Box on Netflix. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
We enjoyed it.

Sorta had the M. Night feel to it.

Totally. That was the first thing I thought when I was watching it.

Overall I would say it is definitely worth a watch. I liked it, my wife loved it.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I was on the fence about the movie but think I’ll give it a shot.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Eesh. I just saw Malkovich's face in the trailer. That may be just enough to make me avoid it.

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
It was something to watch, and I made it the whole way through. I wouldn't say it was great. I'm not a horror movie fan.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I didn't work for us. Started pretty strong and just became predictable, both the plot and stereotypical characters.

Not scary. As it wound down I was yapping sarcasms at the screen "Oh no, I won't sleep for two weeks now!". Not sure the ending was feel-good, more like claustrophobic and doomed. Written and produced by women for women it would seem.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Watched it with the wife before all the hype came out. I made it through the whole movie but thought it was terrible. Then I saw a link online that the movie was a about racism, and how white's refuse to see it. I can't even watch a horrible movie without social issues somehow rearing their head.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
I should have watched it with a blindfold on.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Ahhh now I get it. I just thought it was another low budget horror movie. Nope. It was a message movie. No wonder none of it made any sense.

https://www.theroot.com/netfli...ople-dont-1831345159

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well there was a monument to blather, sucks to be Michael Harriot.

So if I take my blindfold off and see white supremacy, I will or should kill myself? I'll soldier on, dare I call it a burden?

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
It was pretty meh. Good on suspense but predictable and not terribly creative. The didn’t go through the effort to explain what the hell was going on. I should have played Fallout 76 for 2 hours.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
It was awful. I wondered when they would fill in the plot holes or correct any mistakes and they never did.

Nice house though and John Malkovich's character was the most disliked, yet if they had listened to him, they would all be alive.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
before watching this, i invested a few minutes of time on a review on youtube by black pilled. time well spent soes none wasted on inside the bird box.

Posts: 194 | Location: N Raleighwood | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Watched it with the wife, she had it going when I walked into the room, typical horror movie plot with people doing stuff they shouldn't that gets them killed.

Interesting for a while however it wasn't a great as it was made out to be in the reviews.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seotaji:

Nice house though...

The absolute star of the film. I thought it could be the famous Gamble House in L.A., arts and crafts masterpiece, wood joinery rather than mechanical fasteners, teak everywhere, hypnotically beautiful --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...Pasadena,_California)

Turns out it's the Douglas’ House in Monrovia, CA. Both built 1908 more or less, two of the best reasons to hope against the Big One on the West Coast.

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Watched it yesterday, Liked it. Very Strange story, but good.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Someone's watching

The success of Netflix’s “Bird Box” has led not only to dozens of memes, but also a viral social media challenge.

On Wednesday, the streaming company issued a warning to viewers taking part in the so-called “Bird Box” challenge, in which people are called to do everyday tasks blindfolded.

“Can’t believe I have to say this, but: PLEASE DO NOT HURT YOURSELVES WITH THIS BIRD BOX CHALLENGE. We don’t know how this started, and we appreciate the love, but Boy and Girl have just one wish for 2019 and it is that you not end up in the hospital due to memes,” the streaming service tweeted.

The challenge was inspired by the new thriller’s plot, which takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where people need to wear blindfolds to block the outside world and prevent themselves from being possessed by demons that prey on their worst fears and lead them to commit suicide. Malorie, played by Sandra Bullock, then takes two children on a blindfolded journey to reach a sanctuary.

Several people took to social media to partake in the “Bird Box” challenge, which requires people to do everyday tasks blindfolded like Bullock’s character in the movie. Using the hashtag #BirdBoxChallenge, social media users posted photos and videos of themselves attempting to do tasks like using the escalator, operating a scooter indoors and dancing without their sense of sight.

Most of the videos end up with people crashing or falling.

No serious injuries related to the challenge have been reported.

“Bird Box” became Netflix’s most-watched film within the first seven days of its release.

"Took off my blindfold this morning to discover that 45,037,125 Netflix accounts have already watched 'Bird Box' — best first 7 days ever for a Netflix film!" the streaming service wrote on Twitter with a GIF.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...ice-to-issue-warning

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Well, apparently the only thing more stupid than the movie is the people running around blindfolded. At least they won't see any white supremacy, the real monster the movie was trying to portray.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I watched the first 10 minutes of the movie and stopped it. Asked wife if she wanted to watch it, nope. I decided to start over but I added a new twist, it's 2020 and Trump was re-elected POTUS. Keep that thought in mind and add it to Sandra watching the TV news and what she saw people doing on the street. I thought it was funny but I watched it until she ran into John Malkovich. After that I just fast forward thru alot of the movie.

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
This white supremacy notion is slightly intriguing. I ran across that thinking from another source than the one listed above.

Let's see, all the women are ok to really good, including the white ones. The black guys are especially wonderful. The white guys are bad to really awful, excluding the zoids at the end. So then the theme is Toxic White Masculinity stinks, is that it? How brave and woke this slop is.

I'll give Netflix credit for hyping its wares, getting a gazillion people to watch something they've already paid for. Roll Eyes Mad