SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New Doctor is...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Doctor is... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Time to update this:

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'll be that guy and say that this smacks a bit of pandering to feminists and maybe even the transgender community. It also changes DW canon and alters the entire dynamic of the show.

I've been watching since it was old Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker episodes on PBS late at night on the weekends and I've loved the rebooted series and especially how they've tried to tie it in with the old series.

Due to having 2 kids in the past 2.5 years I'm a full two seasons behind on Capaldi's Doctor who I was really starting to like, but I was reading that this past season that just ended got REALLY preachy which doesn't bode well for me.

I'll give this new Doctor a chance for sure, but fear that PC has overtaken the series and it's not going to be good.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

but I was reading that this past season that just ended got REALLY preachy which doesn't bode well for me.

I didn't really pick up on the 'preachy' thing. Maybe it went over my head. Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention - I am pretty bored with this latest season. They did have a new companion, Bill. I like her, but she's openly gay. They don't shove this in your face every episode, but they don't hide it, either. Even so, I liked the dynamic between The Doctor, Bill, and Nardol (a left-over alien from the last Christmas episode).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just read up on Moffat on Wiki, and it was interesting to see that he wrote The Girl in the Fireplace (perhaps the best Who episode ever, IMO). That one was beautiful and full of hope, joy, and (at the end) sadness. It is one of my all-time favorites.

Also my favorite and the only Who episode I have on DVR -

there is a hugr disconnect in the quality of the writing between Tennant and Capaldi.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
This is a self-generated controversy to get the show back in the news.

Before we knew who River Song was people were excited that she could be the Doctor. This is just as boring as the show has become.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Christmas Special should be really good, and I love this shot showing the First Doctor's TARDIS next to the Twelfth Doctor's. It's grown and evolved quite a bit!

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post