SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movies about Texas
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movies about Texas Login/Join 
posted
A companion thread to songs about Texas.
The Last Picture Show

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Texas Chainsaw Massacre

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Giant", 1956, one of the best movies about Texas.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Hell or High Water
There will be Blood
No Country for Old Men
And an honorable mention for Urban Cowboy

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16349 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Lone Wolf McQuade?

A few of Richard Linklater's films, such as:
Slacker,
Dazed & Confused,
Bernie,
Boyhood
and Everybody Wants Some!!.

quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
A companion thread to songs about Texas.
The Last Picture Show

As such, I really enjoyed Texasville. It doesn't get a lot of love. It is a mediocre standalone movie I suppose, but if you watch it knowing it's a continuation of the Last Picture Show characters, it's a pretty good update.

Also, Ridley Scott's The Counselor. I really liked that film. Nobody else did. I think people had incredibly high expectations for the Cormac McCarthy script.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The Alamo, both John Wayne and Billy Bob Thorton versions, I prefer the latter.

Rio Bravo with John Wayne, Dean Martin, Angie Dickinson.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Red River"; 1948 version with John Wayne!

Posts: 309 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched Last Picture Show last night. Very Texan.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Friday night lights

Lone Star

Hud

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Honorable Mention for Primer, even if only by cast and locations.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Friday night lights

Lone Star

Hud

How could I forget Hud. Had very thing. Red neck drinking, driving on dusty roads, family conflicts and a protagonist that seems to have everything going for him that self destructs. That movie set the tone for Newman's carrier.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It happens Wink Great movie
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Friday night lights

Lone Star

Hud

How could I forget Hud. Had very thing. Red neck drinking, driving on dusty roads, family conflicts and a protagonist that seems to have everything going for him that self destructs. That movie set the tone for Newman's carrier.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Searchers. Was set in Texas but shot in Monument Valley.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
4 for Texas, with Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Ursula Andress. Hubba hubba

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
just because you can
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
“Hell or High Water”

"Did you eat paint chips as a child?"

Posts: 1180 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
"Blood Simple"

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
There will be Blood

That movie was mostly filmed in TX, but the story is set in CA.

I nominate I Come in Peace set & filmed in Houston.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post