SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Mars Attacks is on Amazon Prime
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mars Attacks is on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted
Love this movie and I know a few of you guys do as well Wink

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Ack ack? Ack ack ACK ACK!

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Thanks for the heads up; haven't seen this movie in a long time. Funny thing is I was just thinking about this movie recently. Weird.

Posts: 132 | Location: PA | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
When I'm calling you
Ooooooo oo oooo oo oooo

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Yep, it's a good one.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed Mars Attacks!, and I thought it was way better than that year's other alien invasion movie, Independence Day. Yuck, Roland Emmerich...

However, I am a fan of the 1962 trading cards, so ultimately I wish the film had that same dark disturbing horrific exploitational tone of the cards and was less silly and kitschy. Sure, that's not what the public wants, and the film would've made even less money, but that was the original feel of the source material.

Of course, that was my problem with ID4. The teaser trailer looks like a dark serious cutthroat epic martian battle, and the film ended up being this lightweight disaster movie full of hackneyed dialogue and throwaway performances. That was still the best trailer I've ever seen though.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Oh, that Mars Attacks Big Grin

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have it on DVD, love seeing Army troops wearing starched OD Sateen and carrying M-14s. I did note .45 ACP from a 1911A1 (used by Rod Steiger)could not penetrate the Martians' helmets but rounds from the SIGs carried by the Secret Service guys could. Wink

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid, another guy in school had the Mars Attacks card set but as I recall all these years later they were a spoof of the original cards. Is my memory faulty after all of these decades later or was there a humorous version of the cards as well as the originals?

Posts: 165 | Registered: December 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post