SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Big Bang Theory To End After 12th Season (Next Year)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Bang Theory To End After 12th Season (Next Year) Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend this short clip from Barney Miller’s Hal Linden. He does a pretty good job of explaining exactly how these once great shows begin to decline. (Using Barney Miller as an example)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Can't stand Bernadette's screechy voice

...given Melissa Rauch's other assets.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I highly recommend this short clip from Barney Miller’s Hal Linden. He does a pretty good job of explaining exactly how these once great shows begin to decline. (Using Barney Miller as an example)

Jerry Seinfeld ended his show at the end of the 9th season, even though the network was desperate for a 10th season, offering him a staggering 100 million dollars. He left it on the table, wanting to end the show at its peak in popularity and creativity.

Not many entertainment entities end it well; The Beatles did it perfectly, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Breaking Bad as well. I think Seinfeld did also.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16695 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

Jerry Seinfeld ended his show at the end of the 9th season, even though the network was desperate for a 10th season, offering him a staggering 100 million dollars. He left it on the table, wanting to end the show at its peak in popularity and creativity.

Not many entertainment entities end it well; The Beatles did it perfectly The Beatles did it perfectly, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Breaking Bad as well. I think Seinfeld did also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKCX0StgCnI

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Target audience grows up....

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the final episode. Glad I was home to be able to see it. I’m sure it’ll be shown numerous times via syndication.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the final episode as well. Seems like that slap did Sheldon some good. Bet Leonard wished he did that years ago.

Sorry to see it go, great writing, great show.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I for one am going to miss it! Yeah, things got slow for a season or three, but definitely bounced back... in my opinion of course. Will remain one of my favorite “modern” comedies; the Carol Burnett Show was the BEST comedy ever, in my opinion.

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I always enjoyed the show and the follow up Sheldon and the behind the scenes were all tied together in a nice package.
The good news is this show plays on 4 channels and you can always fins one on the air, occasionally I see one I never saw.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a good show, great call out to buffy

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Another guy who could never get into it. Maybe it was the annoying laugh track. I think they even used it during the commercials.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Maybe it was the annoying laugh track.

You mean the live studio audience..?

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It was time to end the show.

Very predictable and safe ending.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Had it's run, much like "Friends" > time to go.
I got tired of it a few seasons ago.
It was entertaining but everything ends sometime.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Totally agree that when writing quality suffers then it is time to go, NOTHING to do with actors but you NEED a good storyline.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
You mean the live studio audience..?

If that live studio audience laughed at every other line during the show then it's worse than a laugh track.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
It’s far and away my favorite show of all time. I can watch a rerun for the 15th time and am just as amused as the first time I ever saw it. That’s rare. I will miss it. The series finale was really really good. I loved it. The show went out on top as far as I’m concerned.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

Not many entertainment entities end it well; The Beatles did it perfectly, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Breaking Bad as well. I think Seinfeld did also.

Justified ended well, closed it out before it jumped the shark

Posts: 23453 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I will admit it didn’t make me laugh like it used to but I still enjoyed watching it

I’m a geek. I didn’t watch the series in the beginning. People kept telling me it was about my friends so I watched an episode...I think in season 4? And was hooked immediately

I also think it went out when it was time, and thought the final episode was well done

It was a show that we would gather to watch with my sons, and for that I will always appreciate it

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
uber-geek
Picture of rwdflynavy
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the series and thought the final episodes were good. I don't enjoy Young Sheldon as much, but thought the call out to the TBBT characters at the end of the last episode of Young Sheldon was fun.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." ~George Mason

chartprepping.com Retirement Planning and Random Musings from a Military Perspective

Posts: 3391 | Location: Big Lick Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post