SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Has anyone read Sean Parnell books?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone read Sean Parnell books? Login/Join 
posted
Saw him on Fox this morning, his first book was non-fiction ("Outlaw Platoon") and then wrote three thrillers that appear to be like Vince Flynn and Brad Thor books.

https://www.amazon.com/Sean-Pa...line_cont_pop_book_1

How are his action thrillers?

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I have not read any of his books except Outlaw Platoon which was a good read, he saw some action. Could not help you on his thrillers, let us know if you read any.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've read his non fiction book and the first fiction books in the series. I was on the wait list for the second and third but just downloaded them from the library website.

I like the way he writes and how easily the story flows. I am an action junkie and like to read books that have a variety of weapons in them and he delivers that.

(I guess that is why I have been re-reading old Mac Bolan books)

I thought I mentioned him speaking at the RNC and along with his books in the RNC thread. He is also running for office in PA.

Not sure if you have read the action adventure series by Jack Carr called Terminal List but it is an awesome series. It is up to four books now. I have read the first two and on the wait list for number 3 and 4

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrapteam666,

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I just started Man of War last night. I've seen Parnell's signs for the Congressional position here locally, I didn't know that he had written any books until I read this thread. So thanks for the info guys!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info about the books.
Take a look at his Wikipedia page: it’s way too short, and there’s a post above it proposing it be deleted. Is somebody fucking with this for political purposes?

Also note Parnell is in the news because Jake Tapper (“journalist” and former Dem operative) tried to get Parnell to primary another Republican rather than run against Conor Lamb for Congress in PA.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post