SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Unhinged with Russell Crowe
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unhinged with Russell Crowe Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Was entertaining enough for my flight home. Yeah, I enjoyed it; at least while not exactly sober on a 4 hour flight, it fit the bill.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Crowe and the title describes him at times. My favorite movie of this genre is Duel, 1971 starring Dennis Weaver. Spielberg's debut I believe.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
He has been doing some eatin, don't think he could do Leonidas again.

Gerard Butler (who has also done some eating) played Leonidas. Crowe played Maximus Decimus Meridius.

OOPS, I got them mixed up, my bad.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
- Plato

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Meh, it was borderline of being decent and disappointing. Has Crowe really gotten that big or is it the magic of Hollywood making him appear to be Jabba the Hut?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Finally watched it with the smokin hot Wife last night, it is now free on Amazon.

Entertaining enough, the wife was laughing like it was a comedy. She hates crappy drivers. I think she applauded when the lady putting on her makeup while driving got wasted

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
A little over the top but enjoyable . I liked his don't give a dang attitude!

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Meh, it was borderline of being decent and disappointing. Has Crowe really gotten that big or is it the magic of Hollywood making him appear to be Jabba the Hut?

I saw pictures of him on the set. Before and after he put his outfit on. He had a fat suit on for his character. He actually looked decent in his normal clothes.

I loved the movie. I was rooting for Russell the whole time. Just about all of the problems that lady had in her life were caused by herself.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post